• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "OS X Mountain Lion,"

Collapse

• amcdonald
    replied
    Originally posted by russell View Post
    Wonder what the wife is going to say?
    Does a Mac play Angry Birds ?, can I still spend hours posting tulip on FB

Leave a comment:

• russell
    replied
    I'm now thinking of selling all my PC's and buying a decent Mac Book and Mac mini to replace my PC and media PC. Wonder what the wife is going to say?

Leave a comment:

• russell
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    Just watched the preview, hope notifications is not fixed, could be an irritant but looks good nonetheless.

M$ was toast when Tiger came out.
    Yeah all the offices I work in now run OSX.

I might take a look at the new one to be fair. I get the feeling if I start going Mac/OSX I will have everything Apple and become a zealot.
    Last edited by russell; 13 March 2012, 17:16.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    But luckily for MS, none of their customers even heard it existed.

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    Oddly enough just got a (blocked) call on my moby (iPhone of course) from a guy who knew my name, had a heavy South Asian accent, said he was from Microsoft and asking if my laptop was on. What's that all about?

I would have strung him along but I couldn't understand half the things he said so I hung up.

Leave a comment:

• russell
    replied
    Originally posted by stek View Post
    All Mac's in our house running OSX, banished Windows and gone are memories of my lad's PC being infected with 1670 viruses, windows that open and just stay as grey boxes, disks thrashing away when nothing seems to happening.

My iMac is my media hub for all my apple devices and it's flawless. I was so impressed I bought the Company!
    Never had a virus on Windows 7.

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    Originally posted by russell View Post
    My wife bought a iMac it now runs windows 7. Enough Said.
    All Mac's in our house running OSX, banished Windows and gone are memories of my lad's PC being infected with 1670 viruses, windows that open and just stay as grey boxes, disks thrashing away when nothing seems to happening.

My iMac is my media hub for all my apple devices and it's flawless. I was so impressed I bought the Company!

Leave a comment:

• russell
    replied
    My wife bought a iMac it now runs windows 7. Enough Said.

Leave a comment:

• BigTime
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    "Mountain lion" is another name for the cougar.
    From urban dictionary: That cougar I met last night, showed me tulip I didn't know existed, I'm goin back for more.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Just watched the preview, hope notifications is not fixed, could be an irritant but looks good nonetheless.

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    Originally posted by scooby View Post
    Ah.
    It's on TPB and The Green Demon as well but a Dev account is ony 50 quid a year. Worth it for me!

Leave a comment:

• scooby
    replied
    Apple Dev Account.
    Ah.

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    Originally posted by scooby View Post
    Do share how you got it please...
    Apple Dev Account.

Leave a comment:

• scooby
    replied
    Got it now, it's mint! Put it this way if the alternative is Windows 'Fisher-Price' 8, M$ is toast...
    Do share how you got it please...

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    Got it now, it's mint! Put it this way if the alternative is Windows 'Fisher-Price' 8, M$ is toast...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X