• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Dirty Robbing Bastards!"

Collapse

• NickFitz
    replied
    but was just wondering if anybody was familiar with the term "sense of entitlement"?

Leave a comment:

• Freamon
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    36 million motorists in the UK, 10% renewing every year means an extra £72m in the govt coffers in stealth tax, no counting all the PCV and HGV licence renewals
    Except it's probably a "priced process" which IBM charge the DVLA at least £20 to carry out each time.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by wim121 View Post
    mine is so bad it looks like a child went a bit mad with etcho-sketch.
    It's the new you.

If you spend any more time on CUK you'll age quicker and become dumber faster, soon you'll lose will to live, so better get out of here while you can.

HTH

Leave a comment:

• wim121
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    £20 is cheap every 10 years for something as essential as driving license - priting it, processing letters cost money you know.
    Yes but the quality is terrible nowadays.

I used to use my license card with the colour photo as ID (because yes, I am that beautiful and youthful) but in recent years, they have started doing black and white sketches of your photo, mine is so bad it looks like a child went a bit mad with etcho-sketch.

Anyway in short, be aware of the shoddy quality on licenses now and if you get ID'd sometimes or even need to show ID for assignments, you may have to buy additional ID.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    Hee hee. Still got my nice old paper one. I also still have my petrol vouchers issued during Edward Heath's fuel shortage thing. Never know when I might need them.

Forgot to mention, a Jesus Christ phoned earlier Xoggoth asking if you still had that shekel he lent you.

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    AIUI the licence doesn't expire until you're 70, but the photo does after 10 years, so better get a new pic without the mullett.

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    £20 is cheap every 10 years for something as essential as driving license - priting it, processing letters cost money you know.
    But if you didn't have to renew the licence there would be no associated cost for printing or processing letters

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by russell View Post
    I'm a joke that no one finds funny anymore, or ever did for that matter.
    FTFY

Leave a comment:

• russell
    replied
    I'm on Workfare so only get JSA + Travelling costs
    Good to see you can take a joke.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    36 million motorists in the UK, 10% renewing every year means an extra £72m in the govt coffers in stealth tax, no counting all the PCV and HGV licence renewals

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    Originally posted by wobbegong View Post
    Same here, in fact I've got two, one with (now expired) points on and one that's clean.

<ahem> did anyone else do the "send off for a new one as soon as you knew you were going to get points added" trick. A friend says he did it all the time

Leave a comment:

• Support Monkey
    replied
    And just something else to think about for anyone sending their licence to the DVLA, if you have motorcycle entitlement, make a copy of your license before you send it because they have a bad habit of not putting the motorcycle entitlement back on the new licence and then you have to prove you had entitlement in the first place and if you cannot you will have to take a retest

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by russell View Post
    Why don't you do a few more shifts at Aldi and you'll earn the £20 in not time.
    I'm on Workfare so only get JSA + Travelling costs

Leave a comment:

• russell
    replied
    Letter from DVLA saying my driving licence was about to expire, and they would demand £20 for the privilege just to renew it

Can I expense it?
    Why don't you do a few more shifts at Aldi and you'll earn the £20 in not time.

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Hardly a stealth tax. If it gets some old gits who can't see their hands in front of their faces by not letting them renew it's ok for me.
    But there is no test or anything on renewing, its fill in a form with a new photo, so its not keeping anyone off the road who deserves to be

Leave a comment:

Working...
X