• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Please make sure you holiday abroad"

Collapse

• norrahe
    replied
    Originally posted by cojak View Post
    We are for most of this year.

But we have a spare week next week and would like a bit of sun on our backs if we do go anywhere.

Any suggestions?
    Thailand, off season not too hot, good food.

Cuba, Gambia, anywhere in the Caribbean.

Am thinking of either southern Italy, Portugal or Madeira meself, not a big fan of major heat.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by hyperD View Post
    Because it's another bunch of progressive liberal luvvies preaching the "do as I say, not as I do" meme.

And FFS, why are people still reading these anachronistic sources of one way bilge, moronic opinions, government and lobbyists propaganda and tittle tattle nowadays?!!??!?!
    Exactly!

Glad someone here sees through the lefty claptrap from Bliar, sorry I mean Cameron.

Leave a comment:

• hyperD
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Why is that justified?
    Because it's another bunch of progressive liberal luvvies preaching the "do as I say, not as I do" meme.

And FFS, why are people still reading these anachronistic sources of one way bilge, moronic opinions, government and lobbyists propaganda and tittle tattle nowadays?!!??!?!

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Why is that justified?
    You have to justify ing?

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    That's not rain, that's rain AND cold weather. Pansy
    Getting cold is but a short step from getting wet though.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
    you get wet, cold and miserable.
    That's not rain, that's rain AND cold weather. Pansy

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    If you have kids its very hard to beat centreparcs. Well, if they had any kinder hotels in the uk they would beat them.
    Isn't CenterParcs an analogy for anal sex? Or have I been reading mumsnet too much?

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Stephen Fry, Julie Walters, Harry Potter star Rupert Grint and Downton Abbey actress Michelle Dockery...
    A week off from jet-setting might make a nice change for them. I've booked a return flight to the Med for £34, which wouldn't go far in the UK.

Ryanair

Leave a comment:

• FiveTimes
    replied
    What's wrong with rain?
    you get wet, cold and miserable.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    I would imagine that most of these pricks have enough time and money to not worry about being caught in miserable weather in a caravan. They will all have expensive holiday homes and a weeks s*it weather is neither here or there to these people.
    When you work your nuts off for 4 weeks holiday a year and have it spoiled by rain it is no laughing matter.
    Get off to Benidorm and enjoy some decent weather.
    What's wrong with rain?

Leave a comment:

• FiveTimes
    replied
    You can beat centreparcs by staying at home, eating at pizzahut and hungry horse pub, go down local swimming pool, go for a walk in a nearby wood.

Utter waste of money centreparcs.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to DimPrawn again.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by cojak View Post
    We are for most of this year.

But we have a spare week next week and would like a bit of sun on our backs if we do go anywhere.

Any suggestions?
    Yes, somewhere abroad.

It's much cheaper than staying in a hotel or B&B in the UK, and with far cheaper fags & booze too.

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by WHA View Post
    We went to Benidorm last June and it rained every single day. We were definitely not impressed!

Leave a comment:

• philip@wellwoodhoyle
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    Get off to Benidorm and enjoy some decent weather.
    We went to Benidorm last June and it rained every single day. We were definitely not impressed!

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Stephen Fry, Julie Walters, Harry Potter star Rupert Grint and Downton Abbey actress Michelle Dockery are fronting a government campaign to encourage Britons to holiday at home in 2012.

Video: Britons urged to take a 'staycation' this summer - Telegraph

There's a similar campaign here in Eurodisney, nobody wants the brits to visit.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X