• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Just been looking at a house I might buy"

Collapse

• Support Monkey
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    4 bedroom detached house for sale in Shepperton, TW17

In addition you will attain a slice of English history, as the sale includes the title, Lord of the Manor of Shepperton, an ancient title dating back to the medieval times.

You may kneel and kiss my ring.
    those titles are not worth the parchment there written on, there was a recent sale of a title around my manor and the people who owned the title appeared and said they owned it so the title could not be sold upon investigation it appeared that they did own the title and so did 5 other people, they all owned a title with the same name, apparently its quite common for titles to be sold multiple times

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    its slipping into the Thames?

no listing built in 2003.

It has a jail in the Garden, maybe you can have a plan B disciplining naughty MP's in the faux Jail.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Pricey!?!

For the SE that's almost free.
    Not bad price for nice looking place (apart from front of house);

What's the catch there - some grade listing or somethng?

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    My wife is Lady of Glencairn. Somewhere up in Scotland she owns a piece of land 1cm*1cm..
    My a similar token, I am a Squire. I haven't had it added to my business cards yet though.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by amcdonald View Post
    Ooooer missus
    You suddenly notice I'm not wearing a ring on my hand.

Leave a comment:

• amcdonald
    replied
    You may kneel and kiss my ring.
    Ooooer missus

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Nah. This is more Dims level.

That's my eco-shed™

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Nah. This is more Dims level.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    £275K for that tatty terraced house in Morpeth is more of shock! Who in their right mind...

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    Does the tittle get you a seat in the house of Lords?! Thought not. Fail.

Looks tatty for something so pricey.
    Indeed. My wife is Lady of Glencairn. Somewhere up in Scotland she owns a piece of land 1cm*1cm..

She always thought she was better than me as she had been to public school (I am merely grammar school). Whem I bought her the title she said "are you taking the p1ss?"

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    The flag is a nice touch though

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post

Pricey!?!

For the SE that's almost free.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Yes I have to sell my existing house first.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied

Leave a comment:

• MrRobin
    replied
    I reckon this one would be better for you:

4 bedroom end of terrace house for sale in Dacre Street, Morpeth, Four Bedroom End of Terrace House, NE61

Looking unremarkable from the outside, it deserves further investigation from the monumental masonry cracks as soon as you open the door, to the crumbling handrail and dodgy stone steps leading to the garage and small garden
    An adequate supply of reading material is essential when visiting the downstairs wc, to help dispel the gloom of the room
    A first floor landing may initially appear to be carpeted with pleasantly patterned silver strips, however on closer inspection, these strips are merely pieces of tape holding the carpet together

Leave a comment:

Working...
X