• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Other contractors taking credit for your work..."

Collapse

• cojak
    replied
    I'd leave the code exactly as it is (no point getting fired in your next job for something you did in your last... ).

However just before you I would tell the toe-rag (in a 'slightly anxious' way), that you weren't able to iron-out all the bugs and there's one or two 'glitches' in it that he'll have to deal with. Be vague about what and where they are.

That ought to get the old sphincter muscles twitching...

Leave a comment:

• wendigo100
    replied
    McQ, why didn't you simply tell the manager that as you wrote it, if they have any queries with using the code after you have left, he is welcome to give you a quick phone call?

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck

Very true!
    Heather Mills hasn't done too badly...

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Originally posted by threaded
    I am led to believe it is very easy to make money out of being female.

Very true!

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    Thank you! Being female, it comes naturally and I like to practise my talents as often as possible.

Now if I could just make money out of it...
    I am led to believe it is very easy to make money out of being female.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist
    Lady M - you are a nasty piece of work. I like it
    Thank you! Being female, it comes naturally and I like to practise my talents as often as possible.

Now if I could just make money out of it...

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Find out his home address and fake a letter from the VD clinic addressed to his missus advising her that as her husband/partner is a roaring filthy whore she should get hereself checked out.

Lady M - you are a nasty piece of work. I like it

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Or you could just throw a few quirky bits in the code that don't really affect the functionality but do annoying things like randomly flash up "Joe Bloggs is a thieving tw*t". If you set it up in the same way as subliminal advertising was supposed to work then maybe you'll manage to make everyone agree without quite knowing why...

Subscribe his email address to loads of dodgy sites.

Hand out his phone number to loads of shifty companies.

Find out his home address and fake a letter from the VD clinic addressed to his missus advising her that as her husband/partner is a roaring filthy whore she should get herself checked out.
    Last edited by ladymuck; 18 May 2006, 11:12.

Leave a comment:

• TheMonkey
    replied
    Don't they have some SCM tools (like SourceUnSafe or SVN). Just export the damn changelog and email it to everyone and leave.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by mcquiggd
    I might let slip into conversation tomorrow that I've converted to islam... that should scare him....

I happen to do a car share with the 2nd in command in the dev team ... I bit my tongue on the way home tonight for the reason mentioned above - it's not good to sour things with a client by looking petty....

I think i'll cut his head off instead.
    You should do well in permiedom!

You've got the whinging tart-like behaviour down to a tee!

Leave a comment:

• mcquiggd
    replied
    Don't worry JB, ill go permie, then behead him....

Originally posted by dmini
    Unless of course, everyone knows you were doing the development beforehand - at which point management sit there, listen to him, smile sweetly, say what a brilliant idea, and laugh at him behind his back. Seen that happen before. What they said to his face, and about him when he wasn't there were VERY different.
    Revenge can be very subtle, and sweet!
    Well, the PM, the senior analyst, and half the team were in the meeting where I raised this particular part of the UI as an issue, making me somewhat unpopular at the time (the UI for this web app was designed by the DBAs before I joined!) with pointed comments such as 'well I wish we could just say "its difficult so we wont do it"', but, as I am responsible for the architecture of the .Net side of the system, which is financed by the Scottish Executive and may well be rolled out across quite a few councils, maybe even the whole country, I spent days finding a solution that was realistic for a web app, and helped the db people too...

Mildly irksome to then have someone so blatantly 'mug me' in broad daylight I guess!

Oh well, another glass of Chablis and a quick trip over to Test Please Delete is in order I think....

Leave a comment:

• dmini
    replied
    So how long is it going to take him to fix the bugs that are suddenly appearing in "his code", After all, he cannot ask you to fix them can he - seeing as it is his code.
    Unless of course, everyone knows you were doing the development beforehand - at which point management sit there, listen to him, smile sweetly, say what a brilliant idea, and laugh at him behind his back. Seen that happen before. What they said to his face, and about him when he wasn't there were VERY different.
    Revenge can be very subtle, and sweet!

Leave a comment:

• Joe Black
    replied
    No need to go to extremes mcquiggd, you'll give the rest of us a bad rep.

My suggestion, just delete all the code, the stuff in source control and whereever else it is and problem solved, no-one can take credit for something which no longer exists.

Jeez, it's like teaching people how to scratch their a*se on this board.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Well if he 'wrote' it then surely he'll have to support it when it goes wrong!!!

Leave a comment:

• mcquiggd
    replied
    I might let slip into conversation tomorrow that I've converted to islam... that should scare him....

I happen to do a car share with the 2nd in command in the dev team ... I bit my tongue on the way home tonight for the reason mentioned above - it's not good to sour things with a client by looking petty....

I think i'll cut his head off instead.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X