• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Avast update broke my computer"

Collapse

• cojak
    replied
    Originally posted by Platypus View Post
    Humm, do you have Acronis installed too?
    I've given up with acronis. I used the backup option but it didn't work. I lost a lot of work to that pile of pants.

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied
    Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
    Destroyed mine too. Had to do a safe mode uninstall.
    Humm, do you have Acronis installed too?

Leave a comment:

• Mr.Whippy
    replied
    Updated without any problems on 5 x Windows 7 Pro (2 x 32bit & 3 x 64bit) here.

Leave a comment:

• ctdctd
    replied
    Was fine with my Win 7 32bit

Leave a comment:

• oracleslave
    replied
    Destroyed mine too. Had to do a safe mode uninstall.

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Well it didn't destroy mine or Sue Ellen's.

Leave a comment:

• Freamon
    replied
    There's a reason why it's called Avast. As in "Avast ye matey I am about to destroy your registry".

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Mines fine as well.

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Didn't stop mine. Restarted fine and has been solid all day.

You should report it to Avast.

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    started a topic Avast update broke my computer

Avast update broke my computer

Just a caveat for you peeps. Avast! update today stopped my Win7 64-bit from booting. Uninstall in safe mode restored normality.

One less customer for Avast.

Working...
X