• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: What a twunt!

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "What a twunt!"

Collapse

• eek
    replied
    MF

I didn't know your builder had finished the new BTL already

See Family flees collapsing home after neighbour's extension causes it to crumble | Mail Online

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    I live in one of the safest, crime free places in the whole of the UK. In the last 7 years we've been broken into 3 times and the thieves have stolen over £50,000 pounds worth of antiques, books, jewellery and American Comics which luckily I was able to Google images for.
    Should have moved to Wandsworth mate, the only crime free zone in UK.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    It's a pity you could not buy insurance from being stupid.
    Trust me insurance is a godsend.

I live in one of the safest, crime free places in the whole of the UK. In the last 7 years we've been broken into 3 times and the thieves have stolen over £50,000 pounds worth of antiques, books, jewellery and American Comics which luckily I was able to Google images for.

God knows what happens will happen if the burglars come back and steal this bad boy I picked up in a car boot for a fiver.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    And Refridgerator insurance? And insurance for the cooker??? As well as comprehensive contents / buildings insurance and full travel insurance.
    It's a pity you could not buy insurance from being stupid.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    What? I've got Homecare insurance with British Gas?

And Refridgerator insurance? And insurance for the cooker??? As well as comprehensive contents / buildings insurance and full travel insurance.

You got to be prepared.

Actually just counted the number of radiators in the house. 25. My BTL has 4.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    So now I'm going to use my Homecare with British Gas.

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    He's on to the third workman already by the sounds of it. Then he needs a plaster followed by a decorator so that is 5 workmen to save £50 a month.
    You could have got cable for that.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by doodab View Post
    One competent workman is worth two incompetent ones?
    He's on to the third workman already by the sounds of it. Then he needs a plaster followed by a decorator so that is 5 workmen to save £50 a month.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Pump working?
    For hot water yes. Central heating no. Luckily it's not cold.

So now I'm going to use my Homecare with British Gas. Be out tomorrow.

So much for saving myself a few quid on my TV.

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Any ideas?
    One competent workman is worth two incompetent ones?

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Come on guys help out here.

So freeview bloke catches two 10mm radiator pipes when drilling from outside to inside for a new cable.

Water is turned off and the system drained.

Plumber turns up, makes bigger hole and cuts and replaces two sections of 10mm pipe

Then turns back on water and bleeds the radiators. Now all full.

Central heating kicks in. Hot water comes on as well as central heating but the radiators are failing to heat up(but we have hot water).

Any ideas?
    Pump working?

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Come on guys help out here.

So freeview bloke catches two 10mm radiator pipes when drilling from outside to inside for a new cable.

Water is turned off and the system drained.

Plumber turns up, makes bigger hole and cuts and replaces two sections of 10mm pipe

Then turns back on water and bleeds the radiators. Now all full.

Central heating kicks in. Hot water comes on as well as central heating but the radiators are failing to heat up(but we have hot water).

Any ideas?

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    Does this Freeview need an aerial on the roof? I forgot to mention the tiler after the aerial fitter has fallen through the roof
    You would need a roofer not a tiler.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post

What's the betting that after spending £5K on the electrician, the plumber, the plasterer, painter, professional floor polisher, and carpet fitter, the TV reception will be crap and MF will be nagged into starting a new Virgin subscription.
    Does this Freeview need an aerial on the roof? I forgot to mention the tiler after the aerial fitter has fallen through the roof

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    DynoRod. I know you are a contractor but even Pimlico Plumbers would have been cheaper.
    £170 for two hours! That's almost twice NorthernLads day rate!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X