• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Some house vendors are in la la land."

Collapse

• Bagpuss
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Ok point taken. I thought they'd bite my hand off as a cash buyer. Apparently not
    That almost sounds like humility. In several years of posting on this site it's the first time I've seen any from you. OK who hacked the account?

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Shut it FFS.
    Another topic on which you pontificate like an expert while the truth is you still haven't got to first base let alone lost your cherry
    So, the story basically is - you had to sell your Wandsworth mansion and buy your ex new smaller house that will be hers, with remaining sum you'll be renting hoping for those lottery numbers to bail you out.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Shut it FFS.
    Another topic on which you pontificate like an expert while the truth is you still haven't got to first base let alone lost your cherry
    Have you ever been divorced?

If atw was giving advice on sex then I could understand your post. Or on mail order brides come to that.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Divorce it is then.

Assuming the kids will be with the ex please make sure she remains in the same postcode area.
    Shut it FFS.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    My only risk is if property prices start climbing at an extraordinary rate and I doubt that is going to happen
    Not for the next 5 or 10 years anyway. Until QE leaks into inflation leaks into wage rises.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Ok point taken. I thought they'd bite my hand off as a cash buyer. Apparently not
    Next time ask on cuk first. We will see you all right. We embrace cretins round here and try to get them up to normality. Not that cuk has helped me much - I am still a cretin....

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by doodab View Post
    Mind out you don't end up like that lot in the daily mail.
    Well I guess the slight difference is that they had a huge mortgage and I have none at all
    My only risk is if property prices start climbing at an extraordinary rate and I doubt that is going to happen

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Not really desperate - could rent for a while.
    But I'm looking for 2 properties one to live in and one to rent out.
    Mind out you don't end up like that lot in the daily mail.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Divorce it is then.

Assuming the kids will be with the ex please make sure she remains in the same postcode area.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by doodab View Post
    Maybe the seller knows he is going to have to move out of his current place having sold it and can smell the desperation.
    Not really desperate - could rent for a while.

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Maybe the seller is not in any rush. Did you ASK for a counter-offer?
    Maybe the seller knows he is going to have to move out of his current place having sold it and can smell the desperation.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Maybe the seller is not in any rush. Did you ASK for a counter-offer?

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    It's a pity you've picked £750k figure because otherwise CUK would have gotten 2nd fantasy millionaire after DimPrawn.

Oh well - try harder next time.
    I feel sorry for you in your rented bedsit surrounded by bulk purchases of Kleenex.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Because it doesn't make sense, oh thick one.
    It's a pity you've picked £750k figure because otherwise CUK would have gotten 2nd fantasy millionaire after DimPrawn.

Oh well - try harder next time.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Why won't you answer the question oh evasive one?
    Because it doesn't make sense, oh thick one.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X