• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Harriet Harperson and Google"

Collapse

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Good things come to those who can wait...

This time next year I might be wanking in my shed in Wandsworth
    FTFY

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied

This time next year I might be drinking champagne in my mansion in Wandsworth
    Check out the neighbours before you move there.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Well stop posting tulipe on CUK and DEVELOP A SEARCH ENGINE FFS. You started this in 2005 and the World is still waiting....

This time next year I might be drinking champagne in my mansion in Wandsworth

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    Would the fair use law from the usa give you what you want?
    It would be a big step forward for sure - thing with Google is that they are so big and can afford long drawn legal battle with anybody, so they are ok and cynically speaking it gives them the edge over others.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Google have virtual search monopoly in the UK with I believe ~95% searches going through them.

UK's copyright laws are totally not suited for what is already generally deemed acceptable. I have vested interest in this so I will refraid from further comments.
    Well stop posting tulipe on CUK and DEVELOP A SEARCH ENGINE FFS. You started this in 2005 and the World is still waiting....

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Google have virtual search monopoly in the UK with I believe ~95% searches going through them.

UK's copyright laws are totally not suited for what is already generally deemed acceptable. I have vested interest in this so I will refraid from further comments.
    Would the fair use law from the usa give you what you want?

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    started a topic Harriet Harperson and Google

Harriet Harperson and Google

El Reg article

Labour has chastised the Conservatives for digital economy policies - and is targeting what may be the Conservatives' closeness to Google.

In addition to calling for more innovation from the entertainment industries, shadow culture secretary Harriet Harman called for greater corporate social responsibility from Google.

"If Google and the ad agencies drain the swamp of piracy by removing their financial incentive - online advertising - then we would have a fertile environment in which paid-for content could flourish," Harman said in a speech this week.

"No-one could imagine how we would survive without Google – most of us use it hundreds of times a day. But it is because they are so effective – and trusted – that Google and other search engines should use their creative energy to help the music industry fight piracy."
    She's 'avin' a larf isn't she?

If you read the technical IT press, Google are fast losing both their effectiveness as a useful search engine and trust.

Working...
X