• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Pancakes

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Pancakes"

Collapse

• gingerjedi
    replied
    What a bunch of tossers.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Lemon and sugar - traditional is best.
    I might add that tonight will be my first carbs since Dec 31st. Luckily today I am cycling 22 miles, running 4.5 miles and swimming for an hour. Tomorrow I intend to try to sim the iron man distance for the first time - 3.8km.

Leave a comment:

• Arturo Bassick
    replied
    Traditional lemon and sugar for me, though I do like kaisershmarn which is a German thick pancake chopped into large chunks often containing sultanas and almonds and served with a fruit compote.

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Originally posted by hyperD View Post
    That's interesting, norrahe, I might make two batches: one using buttermilk and one using yoghurt.

Got the American bacon, just need to get the blueberries tomorrow.
    Friend of mine made them for me years ago and they were really nice, might have the recipe somewhere.

You can also make the pancakes a lot lighter by separating the eggs, adding the yolks as normal to the pancake mix and then whisking the egg whites till stiff and folding through the mixture.

Leave a comment:

• hyperD
    replied
    Originally posted by norrahe View Post
    you can also use yoghurt instead of milk for the blueberry ones.
    That's interesting, norrahe, I might make two batches: one using buttermilk and one using yoghurt.

Got the American bacon, just need to get the blueberries tomorrow.

Leave a comment:

• The Spartan
    replied
    For american style pancakes I'd plump for maple syrup and ice cream

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Excellent idea sir, thank you!
    you can also use yoghurt instead of milk for the blueberry ones.

Leave a comment:

• hyperD
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    If you put fresh blueberries in the batter, they are even better.
    Excellent idea sir, thank you!

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    For English pancakes, I totally agree with you. Might throw a lime into the mix as well though.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    With mince, chillis, fried onion and garlic. Savoury pancakes, lovely. No pancake day here but then no-one at work as they've all buggered off to carnival...

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Fluffy USA pancakes with bacon and maple syrup.
    If you put fresh blueberries in the batter, they are even better.

Leave a comment:

• hyperD
    replied
    Fluffy USA pancakes with bacon and maple syrup.

Leave a comment:

• wurzel
    replied
    Lemon and sugar.
    Suzette.

I also like the Breton style savoury gallettes made with buckwheat flour.

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Lemon and sugar
    Bacon and maple syrup
    Stuffed with creamed mushrooms
    Suzette stylee
    or sprinkled with cheese

Leave a comment:

Working...
X