• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Apprentice winner Stella English to sue Lord Sugar"

Collapse

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by original PM View Post
    The main problem with the Apprentice (apart from the fact is absolute rubbish entertainment) is that you have these people on very specific tasks for a set number of weeks - they are almost spoon feed what to do.

Where as in the real world you need to be proactive and search out the opportunities not just wait for your boss to give you another mundane pre set task.

Why you would want to offer someone £100k when all they have done is show an ability to follow instructions and be a ****** I will never know.
    Well seen as the majority of people on the show can't do even that its the best of a bad bunch?

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by original PM View Post
    Why you would want to offer someone £100k when all they have done is show an ability to follow instructions and be a ****** I will never know.
    Get a lot of publicity that can lead to a peerage.

HTH

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    The main problem with the Apprentice (apart from the fact is absolute rubbish entertainment) is that you have these people on very specific tasks for a set number of weeks - they are almost spoon feed what to do.

Where as in the real world you need to be proactive and search out the opportunities not just wait for your boss to give you another mundane pre set task.

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    I thought the entire point of going on that show was to increase your media profile and get money from doing that.
    For those that haven't seen it, here's how it was originally devised:

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    An amount that was agreed by both sides. You will read all details in my future memoires. I'll have special chapter dedicated to cUK

Positively due to investor sharing same long term views.

HTH
    Well done. Retaining 1% of a massive company is worth more than holding 100% of a small company.

Probably.

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Anyone who takes £200k from Theo Paphitas should get a knighthood, rather than a prison sentence.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    After the first series it was clear that it wasn't a show for those who were serious about business. You go on Dragon's Den for that.
    That's an "entertainment first, business second" show too.

Leave a comment:

• redgiant
    replied
    Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
    That's what I thought after seeing that their MD doesn't know what ISP stands for.
    I've spotted him around the city a few times. Couldn't keep a straight face when he walked pass me at an event last year ... you'd of thought he would have reviewed the clips of the show before it was aired and got it changed

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by Troll View Post
    AtW - you recently had a large external investment - what was the % of equity given for that?
    An amount that was agreed by both sides. You will read all details in my future memoires. I'll have special chapter dedicated to cUK

How does having an external shareholder affect your day to day operations and influence your strategic planning?
    Positively due to investor sharing same long term views.

HTH

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    Shock horror...Viglen still going
    That's what I thought after seeing that their MD doesn't know what ISP stands for.

Leave a comment:

• Freamon
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    ?

AWAKENER (15)
    REAWAKEN (15)
    REAWAKE (14)
    REWAKEN (14)
    WAKENER (14)
    AWAKEN (13)
    ENWRAP (11)
    PANEER (8)
    PARKEE (12)
    PAWNEE (11)
    PAWNER (11)
    PERAEA (8)
    REWAKE (13)
    WAKANE (13)
    WEAKEN (13)
    WEAKER (13)
    WEANER (9)
    Nope, none of those. It was allowed by the countdown judges though.

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    After being told "You're hired", Miss English was given a job with Lord Sugar's Viglen division
    Shock horror...Viglen still going

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    Last month we've spend more on new hardware that those "Dragons" often invest to grab 30%+ equity. Their level of investment is laughable and I would not have wanted a big shareholder with such attitude like they have.
    AtW - you recently had a large external investment - what was the % of equity given for that?

How does having an external shareholder affect your day to day operations and influence your strategic planning?

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by Freamon View Post
    Nope there's another more appropriate word in there. Six letters.
    ?

AWAKENER (15)
    REAWAKEN (15)
    REAWAKE (14)
    REWAKEN (14)
    WAKENER (14)
    AWAKEN (13)
    ENWRAP (11)
    PANEER (8)
    PARKEE (12)
    PAWNEE (11)
    PAWNER (11)
    PERAEA (8)
    REWAKE (13)
    WAKANE (13)
    WEAKEN (13)
    WEAKER (13)
    WEANER (9)

Must be paneer, cause I like a curry. I can also see last what they called Freamon when he was at school.

(Even one in their for Cojak ;-) )

Leave a comment:

• Freamon
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    PRAWN? I think you've got MF and DP confused.
    Nope there's another more appropriate word in there. Six letters.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X