• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Montréal, QC, Canada"

Collapse

• scooterscot
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    In Dubai bonuses bigger it's just a lot less people get 'em.
    Hello AtW, meet Edwina and Mr incredulity.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    I've seen the bonuses, London is super richer.
    In Dubai bonuses bigger it's just a lot less people get 'em.

Leave a comment:

• RSoles
    replied
    I worked in Montreal and loved it.
    Would go back in a flash.

Google Wandas Montreal.
    Used to drink in McKibben's and Curley's Irish pubs.
    Great gardens and parks around the city.
    The best bit is the tunnel network you can use when the snow comes down; -seriously.

Never had a problem with the 'language police' unlike the local businesses.
    One guy in a pub once pulled me up for speaking English in Quebec so I explained that I came from Northern Ireland and didn't often get the chance to practise my schoolboy french. He wasn't having it so I asked ( in the relevent languages) if he spoke Irish, German, Japanese. I think I upset him when I asked him "tlhIngan Hol Dajatlh’a’" so we resorted to fisticuffs.

There are still great British remnants of Empire around the city.
    I tend to walk around cities when I'm working away from home and walked all over Montreal. I remember walking down one street and suddenly found myself in as close a reproduction of Horseguards Parade as I've seen anywhere.

The Old town is great. Stash Cafe Polish restaurant, the Keg steaks.

I was surprised by the number of surprisling young beggars though.
    One openly requesting funds for 'Marijuana research'.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Dubai is super rich and it's whole territory size is 4,114 km2 (1,588 sq mi).

That's just 3 times more than London (1,570 km2 (607 sq mi)).

That and their wealth paid every time we refuel our cars make it easy to have good hotels near airports.
    I've seen the bonuses, London is super richer.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Last I was in Dubai the massage was complimentary at the airport hotel, £85 if I recall for the night. Almost half the LHR sheethole.
    Dubai is super rich and it's whole territory size is 4,114 km2 (1,588 sq mi).

That's just 3 times more than London (1,570 km2 (607 sq mi)).

That and their wealth paid every time we refuel our cars make it easy to have good hotels near airports.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    People who stay in hotel near airport don't have choice, that's why price is high and quality is tulip.
    100% disagree.

Last I was in Dubai the massage was complimentary at the airport hotel, £85 if I recall for the night. Almost half the LHR sheethole.

It's incredible now that I think about it.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    you expect by the airport £165 per night.
    People who stay in hotel near airport don't have choice, that's why price is high and quality is tulip.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    You've claimed that your expenses were fully paid - staying in a hotel near Heathrow is hardly #1 choice in this case
    I agree but it's London, if I believe the TV, the streets are paved with diamonds, champagne flows from the taps - you expect by the airport £165 per night.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Will not make that mistake again, London is just overpriced, smelly, outdated hype.
    You've claimed that your expenses were fully paid - staying in a hotel near Heathrow is hardly #1 choice in this case

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Fishing the dark?
    Yet another boring night in Munich eh?

I'm off out to my local in half an hour where much mirth and merriment will be had.

I do feel sorry for you but then like most of the twunts on here you deserve it.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    you'll have to shift your poor family to yet another country where none of you have any mates or roots.
    Fishing the dark?

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Any here worked there before?

Just had an interesting chat with a potential client waving big carrot in my face. My, the Mrs and mini all paid for.

What's the catch?
    The catch is that when they find out out what a useless twunt you are which generally seems to happen about the 9 month mark, you'll have to shift your poor family to yet another country where none of you have any mates or roots.

Leave a comment:

• BigTime
    replied
    Any here worked there before?

Just had an interesting chat with a potential client waving big carrot in my face. My, the Mrs and mini all paid for.

What's the catch?
    any french you think you can speak is no good there. they use the same words but it sounds nothing like what you're used to. in the centre everyone can speak english but the language is openly hated elsewhere.

make sure membership to club supersexe is included in the contract.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    The truth hurts doesn't it.
    Yeah, took me 22 years to realise that the first time round.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Life is too short to stay confined to the one country, one mindset.
    The truth hurts doesn't it.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X