• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Somewhat of a record, even for "Horizon"."

Collapse

• zeitghost
    replied
    Bloody hell, that's a lot to pay for a good evening's kip.

I think I'll stick to Horizon.

Gosh.

I watched the Horizon about antibiotics & managed to stay awake almost all the way through.

Admittedly I watched it in the late afternoon rather than at 21:00.

Maybe that's the secret.

All the way through I was muttering to myself "Wot about bacteriophages?" and lo! at about 40 mins in, they got to bacteriophages.

Last edited by zeitghost; 18 May 2017, 14:53.

Leave a comment:

• nomadd
    replied
    If you are serious about getting some decent Astronomy on your tv: The Great Courses - Understanding the Universe: An Introduction to Astronomy, 2nd Edition

Look at the 'set' including his course on Black Holes at the bottom of the page. 54 hours worth of quality tv. Makes Horizon look like a BBC Kids programme.

Best £150 I ever spent on DVDs. Period.

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
    I did that again with the Horizon last night.

Don't think I quite dribbled & snored though.
    I managed to get through this one.

They managed to measure gamma rays that have been travelling for 14 billion years and found a 5 second anomaly which proves light isn't a constant.

Leave a comment:

• zeitghost
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
    I think I beamed out a bit towards the end, but it was reasonably interesting.
    I did that again with the Horizon last night.

Don't think I quite dribbled & snored though.

I definitely slept through a bit of the thing about metals on BBC4 & that was on at 19:30.

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    Which sort of implies that the climate is becoming unstable, which is more imagined than real.

Leave a comment:

• zeitghost
    replied
    It was ok.

I think I beamed out a bit towards the end, but it was reasonably interesting.

Even managed to mention the Little Ice Age and not mention hockey sticks, which is remarkable.

The best bit was at the end, when the chap said that the planet basically doesn't care two hoots about global warming since it's been far warmer & far colder in the past.

The only ones concerned about it are the hu-mans and what passes for their civilisation which has come about in a period of unusually stable climate.

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    Stone me.

I managed to stay awake through the one about Weird Weather.

Though I did watch it at 6:30.
    I skipped through it in 3 minute hops and didn't linger. Was it good?

Leave a comment:

• zeitghost
    replied
    Well I never did.

I managed to stay awake through the Horizon from last week, all about fat.

It was quite interesting.

Not a quark to be seen.

Nor a Higgs boson.

Marvelous.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Stretching the topic a bit, but could Freema Agyeman make the step from Sci-fi to Sci-fact?

I'd certainly be happy to let her try.

Leave a comment:

• zeitghost
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    I say Mr ZG; do you feel that your thread has been improved yet?
    Definitely.

It's almost made up for having to talk to the Dean on Monday.

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Originally posted by Arturo Bassick View Post
    according to google she has very perky puppies too, but I am not allowed to post pictures like that.
    I see what you mean. Had to turn safe search off though, for nip 'slip'. Pointing at the sky.

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    I see she comes equipped with a harness to keep her down. Alright then, I would.
    Bungee cord. Even better.

Leave a comment:

• Arturo Bassick
    replied
    I see she comes equipped with a harness to keep her down. Alright then, I would.
    according to google she has very perky puppies too, but I am not allowed to post pictures like that.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by Arturo Bassick View Post
    As long as your sure. You wont mind if I do...

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    A bit fragile for my liking. I certainly don't go for fat birds, but remember I'm a 16 stone blind side flanker and it's no use if she flies out of the window on the first good thrust.
    More reader's wives than page 3 eh.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X