• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Whose fault was it?"

Collapse

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    You voted din't you?

Want someone to blame? Stand in front of the mirror.
    No I didn't vote you thicko.

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    You voted din't you?

Even if he did not vote for Blair?

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    Nothing to do with me.
    You voted din't you?

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    But who sewed the deregulation seed in Gordon Brown's tiny little mind? Could it have been the bankers?
    Regardless, it was his job to ensure they were regulated. Same with any sector.

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
    Glass Steagall was only repealed so that American banks could compete with The City because of the deregulation brought in by Gordon Brown. Therefore Gordon Brown is to blame for everything.
    But who sewed the deregulation seed in Gordon Brown's tiny little mind? Could it have been the bankers?

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    Glass Steagall was only repealed so that American banks could compete with The City because of the deregulation brought in by Gordon Brown.
    I never fully appreciated that.

Economically and fiscally, Brown turned out to be a complete and utter ****, didn't he.

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Speaking of which, are Brown or Blair set to get important jobs in the European parliament?

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Glass Steagall was only repealed so that American banks could compete with The City because of the deregulation brought in by Gordon Brown. Therefore Gordon Brown is to blame for everything.
    Seems as if Gordon may have single-handedly ruined the world, rather than saving it as he claims. He could be our secret weapon, can we not get him a high powered job in France or Germany?

Leave a comment:

• Lockhouse
    replied
    Originally posted by Scrag Meister View Post
    I'm with Brillo on this.

Bill Clinton, forced the repeal of the Glass Steagal Act in 1999, after it had been in place for 66 years.

Glass Steagall Act

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Nothing to do with me.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Our current economic woes. Who is to blame?

Multiple choice poll.

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    I can't see the Thatcher option
    Quite, if it was'nt for her we would have been in the wonderful position of having had nothing to lose.

Leave a comment:

• Scrag Meister
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    I prefer it like this - all the above are responsible but one is forced to make a number one choice.

There are some others missed though - like Bill Clinton. He allowed retail and investment banks to be combined and forced banks to lend to people who could not afford it.
    I'm with Brillo on this.

Bill Clinton, forced the repeal of the Glass Steagal Act in 1999, after it had been in place for 66 years.

Glass Steagall Act

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Where's the "Every Indian and Chinese family wanting cars and the subsequent increase in demand for raw materials that requires is really ******* things up" option?

Just asking, like...

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    I can't see the Thatcher option

Leave a comment:

Working...
X