• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Tax breaks for hiring a cleaner could save middle class thousands"

Collapse

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    How many people use maids and cleaners anyway? Very few - even those who do would prefer to cut costs if they have to completely by not hiring rather than try to factor in some tax benefit.
    Obviously it's a minority of people, but it's probably more common than you think.

Let's find out:
    http://forums.contractoruk.com/gener...-maid-etc.html

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    David Cameron plans to investigate whether the Swedish “maid credit” system could be transferred to Britain.

Better ask the Swedish if they'll let go of it first...

Source: Tax breaks for hiring a cleaner could save middle class thousands - Telegraph

WTF are they thinking?

I mean seriously - getting tax free payments to a french maid isn't exactly on top of the list of priorities for vast majority of people.
    Tax breaks to create jobs isn't a new concept. Having employed cleaners myself I think it's a great idea.

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    Young, fit, single and very much open minded French maid of course, what about you?
    This thread is useless without pictures.

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Missed that one

You do live in your own Pot-noodle and Kleenex bubble, don't you?
    He has three toilets, so I guess he just moves from one to another as they become blocked.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    How many people use maids and cleaners anyway? .
    Missed that one

You do live in your own Pot-noodle and Kleenex bubble, don't you?

Leave a comment:

• MrMark
    replied
    If this measure makes the economy more flexible and creates jobs, surely it's a good thing?

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    How many people use maids and cleaners anyway?
    When I was with my ex we had a gardener come around twice a week, which was really surprising as we lived on the 7th floor of a block of flats

Leave a comment:

• Halo Jones
    replied
    We have a cleaner & an ironing lady, might get some help in the garden next year too

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    help is essential whether it be a nanny, cleaner or whatever.
    If both parents want to work then yes. If not it is possible - Mrs BP looks after our 3 children (2 disabled) plus childminds for another 2.

IMO children push you to the limit of your tolerance and just a bit below. So Mrs BP steps on any nonsense before it gets out of hand.

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    You've got high risk exposure then - during divorce hearing she can provide witness statement that you did not help her clean the house and therefore she is entitled to 50% of all your worth, which luckily for you isn't much
    I did help, i bought her a vacuum cleaner.

Besides, we wont be getting divorced until after we get married, and that's not going to happen any time soon.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Another stupid AtW thread. I know you're unlikely to breed AtW, unless money is involved, directly or indirectly, but many of us have children and help is essential whether it be a nanny, cleaner or whatever. Cretin.

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    I wonder if I will I be able to put the Butler and the cook through?

Leave a comment:

• hyperD
    replied
    You've got high risk exposure then - during divorce hearing she can provide witness statement that you did not help her clean the house and therefore she is entitled to 50% of all your worth, which luckily for you isn't much
    By legal precedent she's entitled to 50% regardless.

Much to my horreur.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by doodab View Post
    Ms doodab. She won't let me get a maid.

Leave a comment:

• Freamon
    replied
    Well we don't personally. Our housekeeper hires them in.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X