• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Greek deal reached ..."

Collapse

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by petergriffin View Post
    Allright, goodloking: assuming Greece goes completely bust, the total burden for states, goverments, banks and insurance companies involved would be around 40 billion euros (source: ze germanz). Nothing compared to the ever-growing and unstoppable hole in UK budget.

Plus let me add this, as long as Obama is US President, the Euro is safe.
    And how does this relate to the BofE's QE?

Leave a comment:

• petergriffin
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    And why is that, Oh great economics guru?
    Allright, goodloking: assuming Greece goes completely bust, the total burden for states, goverments, banks and insurance companies involved would be around 40 billion euros (source: ze germanz). Nothing compared to the ever-growing and unstoppable hole in UK budget.

Plus let me add this, as long as Obama is US President, the Euro is safe.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Has a deal been reached? The Greeks agreed to what they have been asked to do but now the euro want more cuts made

Greeks approve 'tombstone' austerity deal with troika - Telegraph

The sooner someone stops this fiasco and just allows Greece to default and leave the euro the better.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by petergriffin View Post
    It isn't any more stupid than printing money like BoE does.
    And why is that, Oh great economics guru?

Leave a comment:

• petergriffin
    replied
    It isn't any more stupid than printing money like BoE does.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    It will be interesting to see how the Greek elections go in April.

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    I don't imagine accepting the "£130 billion Euro loan" precludes them from defaulting later anyway, so this seems like a good deal.

Leave a comment:

• Lockhouse
    replied
    Ho hum, nothing to see here.

Leave a comment:

• Arturo Bassick
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    Why on earth are they still going for a bail out when its clearly already failed.
    Because the whole thing is being pushed by career politicians who have staked their reputations to the European Union and the Euro. As we saw with the Indian aid fiasco last week, they would rather spend billions of other peoples money than lose face by admitting they are wrong.

Leave a comment:

• ThomasSoerensen
    replied
    They will join their balkan neighbours and exert as much influence as them.
    Recovery will take a looooong time if possible at all.

But there is no physical law demanding that all countries develop to the same level.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    I posted I, Cringely » Blog Archive » Caution, train wreck in progress - Cringely on technology earlier and it makes good reading.

Why on earth are they still going for a bail out when its clearly already failed.
    Wishful thinking: the belief that that somehow the Greek economy will eventually magically turn into a modern and prosperous economy.
    What's actually happening is that all those who can leave (the best and brightest) are leaving and Greece will turn into even more of a basket case than it already is.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    I posted I, Cringely » Blog Archive » Caution, train wreck in progress - Cringely on technology earlier and it makes good reading.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    started a topic Greek deal reached ...

Greek deal reached ...

... apparently:

Greek Politicians Reach Austerity Deal, Draghi Says - Bloomberg

So the deal involves Greece contracting their economy even more in exchange for a £130 billion Euro loan that they have even less chance of paying because their economy is contracting?

You may think that the bankers went nuts and destroyed the economy in 2007/2008, but at least I can understand their motivation which was greed.
    Now the Euro politicians are destroying the South European economy - and the reason is stupidity.

Working...
X