• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Low-life corporate molluscs"

Collapse

• TheMonkey
    replied
    Originally posted by WageSlave
    Franco, darling, you really need to leave that firm behind and become a contractor.

99.9% of clients are idotic tossers. Most project teams are full of idiotic tossers. Being a contractor means just as much politics and frustration as a permie. The difference is the money and the fact that you don't need to worry about a promotion.

Just take the money, and if the client is happy blowing millions on crap systems (just because the FD saw an advert in the paper)... well, it's their business.
    yes - the man talks sense!

Btw, my work ethic (to use the American phrase) is: I do not smoke or take tea breaks and I have a short as possible lunch out (at least 15 minutes though away from a TFT) and eat my lunch over a 1-2 hour period whilst working which is much healthier. I also stick to 8 working hours UNCONDITIONALLY. If the PM screws up then I'm not hanging round to clear up his mess. A day is 8 hours. If a project overruns, thats another day's pay minimum.

Leave a comment:

• WageSlave
    replied
    Franco, darling, you really need to leave that firm behind and become a contractor.

99.9% of clients are idotic tossers. Most project teams are full of idiotic tossers. Being a contractor means just as much politics and frustration as a permie. The difference is the money and the fact that you don't need to worry about a promotion.

Just take the money, and if the client is happy blowing millions on crap systems (just because the FD saw an advert in the paper)... well, it's their business.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by Francko
    Starting from the article which was stating that the average time for lunch in UK is 19 minutes, how many low-life corporate molluscs you reckon are in your company?

I can see a few that enjoy arriving earlier, taking no lunch breaks, leaving late and being unable to do any effective work whatsoever.

Is this the new role model for the late 2000s? A low-life corporate mollusc? Doesn't smoke, doesn't take tea breaks, doesn't have lunch, doesn't do any productive work.
    Depends what you mean by work.
    I'm a corporate mollusc strategizer.
    You're just the corporate slave implementer.
    Deal with it.

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    Originally posted by Francko

Is this the new role model for the late 2000s? A low-life corporate mollusc? Doesn't smoke, doesn't take tea breaks, doesn't have lunch, doesn't do any productive work.
    It's why I went contracting in the first place.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Can you get on with your work now please I'm busy kissing the bosses arse?

Leave a comment:

• Francko
    started a topic Low-life corporate molluscs

Low-life corporate molluscs

Starting from the article which was stating that the average time for lunch in UK is 19 minutes, how many low-life corporate molluscs you reckon are in your company?

I can see a few that enjoy arriving earlier, taking no lunch breaks, leaving late and being unable to do any effective work whatsoever.

Working...
X