• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "CUK Recruiting new Moderators"

Collapse

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by craig1 View Post
    I moderate a rugby site and have done for about a decade now. Can be bloody frustrating at times, seen other moderators come and go on other sites when they realise that they're actually sad, boring power-hungry knobs...
    Oy! I'm perfectly happy.

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    Well more Moderators means more people for you to go whining to when you get -ve rep Troll. I expect you will be all for this.

Foolish boy. It's not the -ve rep it was the associated comment that was out of order. Be told.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    I was a moderator for f4j. Despite that org being full of loonies keen to do illegal stuff, it seems a far easier job than looking after CUK. I take my hat off to the mods for getting stuck in.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    I would also ban all posters who have six fingers
    So is Anne Boleyn in or out?

The Anne Boleyn Files » Did Anne boleyn really have six fingers » The Anne Boleyn Files

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    Well more Moderators means more people for you to go whining to when you get -ve rep Troll. I expect you will be all for this.

Mods....please be doing the needful

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by Troll View Post
    All of mine are from the bedwetter RH... must be personal

Although one of my sockies did once get a pair + threat of a ban from NAT as part of a last-wordy-itess exchange

Leave a comment:

• craig1
    replied
    I moderate a rugby site and have done for about a decade now. Can be bloody frustrating at times, seen other moderators come and go on other sites when they realise that they're actually sad, boring power-hungry knobs and that the site isn't theirs to play with. Once you get to know the good guys on the site (most of them), moderating becomes easier when you essentially recruit them as part-time troll-hunters.

Last edited by craig1; 5 February 2012, 09:37.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    I would also ban all posters who are Scottish, or have six fingers or live in a thatched cottage with illegally built extensions.
    What, the Welsh as well?

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    You mean like
    No, next!

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    I would not mind, in fact I'd probably bring the kind of order General has not seen since its creation...
    You mean like

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Changed my mind about the Daihatsu Copen ...
    Not worth its flaws just to have a convertible ...

Might go for the Skoda Fabia vRS.

Before you take the piss, remember I live in an area where there is extremely social envy exhibited by chavs keying your car, ripping tyres etc if its too flash. So I need a fun car which isn't in your face.

Anyone have any other ideas? I'm not a badge snob, but car must be fun in some way.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by realityhack View Post
    Mods can see other users' rep and who left it.

MF

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    Who on earth would be stupid enough to try and moderator the rabble that make up general.
    I would not mind, in fact I'd probably bring the kind of order General has not seen since its creation...

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Not a big deal and can't say I'm totally innocent...but ban him anyway
    I would also ban all posters who are Scottish, or have six fingers or live in a thatched cottage with illegally built extensions.

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    Mods can see other users' rep and who left it. If anyone thinks they're being harassed by the rep system then PM the mods/admin and they'll look into it.
    Just looked at yours and it's the same user leaving the offensive ones... have had a quiet word.
    Not a big deal and can't say I'm totally innocent...but ban him anyway

Leave a comment:

• realityhack
    replied
    Can you also see rep comments from other users? - some of them are quite offensive
    Mods can see other users' rep and who left it. If anyone thinks they're being harassed by the rep system then PM the mods/admin and they'll look into it.
    Just looked at yours and it's the same user leaving the offensive ones... have had a quiet word.

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    Nope - wrong again, unless I'm scotspine reincarnate.
    Can you also see rep comments from other users? - some of them are quite offensive

Leave a comment:

Working...
X