• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: JT (Again)

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "JT (Again)"

Collapse

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    Originally posted by Arturo Bassick View Post
    It is only my opinion.

If a fan is found to be chanting racial abuse or is making racist gestures they will be banned for life. Why should players not be subjected to the same rules?
    One was the alleged use of a single word allegedly spoken in the heat of the moment on the pitch, in a particularly nasty game where players are already winding each other up and adrenalin is running high, and which, if indeed spoken, the player would have regretted immediately.

The other isn't.

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    Thats an interesting point.

On Saturdays games between Man U and Lpool a section of the Liverpool crowd booed Evra every time he got the ball.

No doubt because he was the one who got Suarez banned for 8 matches.

Although I would imagine the thick bindippers did not really understand why booing Evra was actually likle cheering for Racism.

Oh well

Leave a comment:

• Arturo Bassick
    replied
    Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
    But not that. Way over the top.
    It is only my opinion.

If a fan is found to be chanting racial abuse or is making racist gestures they will be banned for life. Why should players not be subjected to the same rules?

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by russell View Post
    What about it being caught on TV for all to see on YouTube, it's obvious you are a closet racist.
    It's not hard to mis-read lips.

It doesn't make you a racist if you insult someone using racist language anyway.

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    A false accusation of racism is as bad if not worse than being racist and I believe you should be banned for that alone.

The only evidence I have seen is inconclusive. Terry certainly appears to have used the words "black ****", but his defence is that he was asking if Ferdinand believed that he used those words. JT has been at the forefront of anti racism campaigns in football and though that does not mean he is not racist it goes a long way towards his defence.
    I'm with you on that Arthur.

If he is found guilty then he should be sacked from playing for England. I would hope that all players in the EPL would refuse to play with or against him if that is the case.
    But not that. Way over the top.

Leave a comment:

• Arturo Bassick
    replied
    What about it being caught on TV for all to see on YouTube, it's obvious you are a closet racist.
    A false accusation of racism is as bad if not worse than being racist and I believe you should be banned for that alone.

The only evidence I have seen is inconclusive. Terry certainly appears to have used the words "black ****", but his defence is that he was asking if Ferdinand believed that he used those words. JT has been at the forefront of anti racism campaigns in football and though that does not mean he is not racist it goes a long way towards his defence.

If he is found guilty then he should be sacked from playing for England. I would hope that all players in the EPL would refuse to play with or against him if that is the case.

Leave a comment:

• russell
    replied
    Oh, so we might as well do away with the court system then! If the CPS say there is a case to answer then you must be guilty!

Leave a comment:

• Arturo Bassick
    replied
    If the police have enough evidence to start a trial then its well deserved and hardly just a scurrilous accusation, since it was witnessed by anyone with a TV or Computer. Hope he get banned from football WHEN he is found guilty.
    Oh, so we might as well do away with the court system then! If the CPS say there is a case to answer then you must be guilty!

Leave a comment:

• russell
    replied
    If the police have enough evidence to start a trial then its well deserved and hardly just a scurrilous accusation, since it was witnessed by anyone with a TV or Computer. Hope he get banned from football WHEN he is found guilty.

Leave a comment:

• Arturo Bassick
    replied
    Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    Personally, I don't think it's a scurrilous accusation.
    It may not be, but that is for the courts to decide, but in future a scurrilous accusation could have the desired outcome.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    and why is JT being dragged through the legal system when Suarez wasn't?
    Suarez isn't English?

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    I agree that he is "a prize twunt" etc, but it can not be right that someone can make a scurrilous accusation and that it is acted upon.
    If this continues then the known "mind game" players will start to make all sorts of accusations to cause maximum mayhem within other teams.
    Personally, I don't think it's a scurrilous accusation.

Leave a comment:

• Arturo Bassick
    replied
    and why is JT being dragged through the legal system when Suarez wasn't?

Leave a comment:

• Arturo Bassick
    replied
    I agree that he is "a prize twunt" etc, but it can not be right that someone can make a scurrilous accusation and that it is acted upon.
    If this continues then the known "mind game" players will start to make all sorts of accusations to cause maximum mayhem within other teams.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by Bunk View Post
    Look, he's definitely guilty of being John Terry. That's enough in my book to throw away the key.
    WHS. The man is a prize twunt. Why he's captain God only knows. It's not as if the team have performed well under his captaincy have they?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X