• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "I hate Steve Wright"

Collapse

• expat
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck
    I have yet to find a radio station that focusses on music rather than annoying, inane DJ chat
    Johnnie Walker on Drivetime. Oh, wait.

Leave a comment:

• hyperD
    replied
    LBC Nick Ferrari (recent Sony awards winner) for morning show and Iain Lee in the afternoon.

And the Now show on BBC Radio 4.

Leave a comment:

• Hart-floot
    replied
    Originally posted by ratewhore
    I listen to xfm where i can. Zane Lowe is doing some good stuff on R1 though...

xfm too. wish Ricky Gervais & Stephen Merchant were back on saturday lunchtimes doing some new stuff. For breakfast listening, Lauren Laverne is cool.
    Radio 6 is another good choice.
    Otherwise good old Radio 4

Leave a comment:

• Epiphone
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck
    makes my fists itch.

Leave a comment:

• Board Game Geek
    replied
    I have yet to find a radio station that focusses on music rather than annoying, inane DJ chat (anyone that talks over a track should be shot).

Classic FM....though there are ads inbetween movements.

Failing that, go with the chat, but not from the DJ, from presenters and reseachers and the like.....cue Radio 4.

Leave a comment:

• ratewhore
    replied
    I listen to xfm where i can. Zane Lowe is doing some good stuff on R1 though...

Leave a comment:

• PRC1964
    replied
    If you can get it BBC 6 Music is not bad. I imagine you can get a DAB radio for the car.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Not only is Steve Wright horribly annoying but his side-kick Miles with the 'website of the day' also makes my fists itch. I just can't stand the patronising tone of his voice, and the lisp! AAAARRRRRRGGGGGG!!!!!!!

I now listen to Radio 1 of an afternoon on the way home and have found I am rediscovering my 'yoof'.

I have yet to find a radio station that focusses on music rather than annoying, inane DJ chat (anyone that talks over a track should be shot). I keep thinking of setting up my own internet radio station but (a) I don't have the bandwidth, and (b) I won't be able to listen to it in my car. Hmm...

Leave a comment:

• The Lone Gunman
    replied
    How do you turn a Duck into a soul singer?

Put it in a microwave untill its.......

Leave a comment:

• Mr Crosby
    replied
    Short ar3e.

Leave a comment:

• martinb
    replied
    Originally posted by John Galt
    To cap it all he has just played that really really annoying 'Lovely Day' song where the bloke hangs onto one note for about a fortnight.
    Bill Withers

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Cant stand the annoying little moustachiod twat either. Thinks it's funny to sing along with song halfway though them for no apparent reason and talk all over the top of them the rest of the time.

Leave a comment:

• John Galt
    started a topic I hate Steve Wright

I hate Steve Wright

I have managed to go all day without finding out who won The Apprentice as I recorded it last night and the bastard Steve Wright has just announced the winner with no warning or anything. To cap it all he has just played that really really annoying 'Lovely Day' song where the bloke hangs onto one note for about a fortnight. I have got the right raving hump now

Working...
X