• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "How does £1.39 per pint sound?"

Collapse

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    what annoys me. every blooming day its oil this and oil that.

the Iranians are closing the straights of hormuz - oil is at seventy nine dollars a barrel.

how much is fosters a barrel ? that what i call news

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    That can only come from a poster that knows neither the man nor his Farmfoods value brew reputation.
    FTFM

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    That can only come from a poster that knows neither the man nor his Foster reputation.
    ftfy

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    I think calling him a man is stretching it a bit.
    I think Suity3-472 confirm that he is a man if we ignore rumours of milkmen....

I actually think he is a man with a plan b. Unfortunately the government cut backs will stop his plan b at £26k a year regardless of the 400 children he has to support.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    That can only come from a poster that knows neither the man nor his Stella reputation.
    I think calling him a man is stretching it a bit.

Leave a comment:

• bless 'em all
    replied
    That can only come from a poster that knows neither the man nor his Stella reputation.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by bless 'em all View Post
    SUITYONE I NEED YOUR INPUT.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by bless 'em all View Post
    Now there's an expression he is singularly unfamiliar with.

Leave a comment:

• bless 'em all
    replied
    Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
    Hey, it's not all about price. There's enjoyment to be had from brewing your own beer, wine making, baking bread and so on.

I used to brew beer by the gallon in a pressure vessel so had it on draught, one on tap one brewing. Wine on the go at the same time producing about a dozen bottles per run (best drunk young).

Bread I make and freeze but give most of it to friends.

Home brewed beer can be better than commercial by a long way, the wine is drinkable and the bread is second to none and could be a plan B should I be arsed.
    All very true, bread baked at home is better than the junk from the supermarket. The Mrs makes bread, cakes and in the past few years I've made enough jam to keep us in .... jam ... all year round.

I've not tried brewing beer. So I need to know how long this suityone plugged beer will keep in the polything?

Leave a comment:

• Mr.Whippy
    replied
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    36 Pints on order, will report back
    No doubt the first report will be about how you had to rush home from ClientCo with a dose of the screaming tulips...

Leave a comment:

• Cliphead
    replied
    Hey, it's not all about price. There's enjoyment to be had from brewing your own beer, wine making, baking bread and so on.

I used to brew beer by the gallon in a pressure vessel so had it on draught, one on tap one brewing. Wine on the go at the same time producing about a dozen bottles per run (best drunk young).

Bread I make and freeze but give most of it to friends.

Home brewed beer can be better than commercial by a long way, the wine is drinkable and the bread is second to none and could be a plan B should I be arsed.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    Profligate arse

HTH
    So Suityou is skint again. Have you been scavenging in the bins at Tescos again. You make RichardCranium look successful.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Of course you only drink the finest champagne. And eat swans wings.
    Peasant. Only golden swans at my house.

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Worryingly all money saving posts make posters sound like a sad permie trying to make ends meeting having not had a pay rise in the past six years.

Either that or a contractor who spends a lot of time keeping the bench warm.

More sensibly can we have a review once you've drunk it as the price does look plausible when compared to the 4 for £5 Tesco does every so often.
    Profligate arse

HTH

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    How does 40p a litre sound?

Compare supermarket prices | Online supermarket shopping | Save and compare on Health and Beauty products

Leave a comment:

Working...
X