• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Superbowl this Sunday who is watching?"

Collapse

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by Jeremiah at Smith Craven View Post
    so who watched the game and did not fall alseep?
    http://forums.contractoruk.com/gener...per-bowel.html

I watched it then did some work until the wife got up for breakfast, then had a nap.

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied

I watched what I assume was the start (around midnight?), didn't know what was going on (a big fuss was made about throwing a ball?) and after a lot of stops and starts involving a ball being thrown like that, it stopped for longer, perhaps for a break. I switched channels while commentators bulltuliped at that point and didn't switch back.

Leave a comment:

• Jeremiah@RHJAccountants
    replied
    Originally posted by Alf W View Post
    I won't be watching it. It's the worlds dullest 'sports' spectacle.
    What a game excitment a last minute finish one of the world's greatest sporting events the less said about the half time show the better

Leave a comment:

• Alf W
    replied
    I won't be watching it. It's the worlds dullest 'sports' spectacle.

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    Originally posted by pacharan View Post
    I am.

Just to see if the BBC broadcast Rock and Roll Part 2.

It's the Packers' theme sing by all accounts.
    Oh c'mon, c'mon of course they will.

Planning to watch it and I don't mind who wins as long as it's a good game.

Leave a comment:

replied
    Originally posted by Gonzo View Post
    It will be live on Monday afternoon here, I am on the other side of the world at the moment.

Gronk was on the 'limited participation' list for practice yesterday so I doubt he will play the whole game.

As for Chad - it wouldn't feel like a victory if an ex-Bungle scored the winning points.
    Just having Gronk on the pitch will be a big advantage even if he is limited they have to cover him at least.

I don't think Chad will get much game time but then again it the Superbowl and unlikey stars can emerge I just cant wait for the game

Leave a comment:

• pacharan
    replied
    I am.

Just to see if the BBC broadcast Rock and Roll Part 2.

It's the Packers' theme sing by all accounts.

Leave a comment:

• Gonzo
    replied
    Watching on a Monday afternoon i don't know how you are going to keep away from not knowing the score!
    It will be live on Monday afternoon here, I am on the other side of the world at the moment.

A long standing Patriots fan well the question i must ask is will Gronk be healthy for the game and will Chad Ochocinco score the winning TD
    Gronk was on the 'limited participation' list for practice yesterday so I doubt he will play the whole game.

As for Chad - it wouldn't feel like a victory if an ex-Bungle scored the winning points.

Leave a comment:

replied
    Originally posted by russell View Post
    I love all these people who suddenly become American Football fans when the superbull is on. Yeah I want to watch a bunch of cowards with more Armour than a soldier on the front line in Afghanistan, with adverts every 6 seconds.

Leave a comment:

replied
    Originally posted by Gonzo View Post
    I'll be watching, I have done for as long as it has been televised in the UK. (Before that the only live NFL we could get was picking up the American Armed Forces Radio broadcasting to their troops based in Germany but that was medium-wave and the signal was no good at the time of day the Superbowl is played.)

Best times were back in the nineties when the publican at my local pub was a fan and would lock the front door, put the game on the TV and keep serving beer.

In the time zone that I am in now I will be watching the game on a Monday afternoon and that feels totally wrong (but I'll still do it).

Oh, and I am a long standing Patriots fan too.
    Having to listen on a radio thank you the 90,s are over and technology has come a bit more advanced since then

Watching on a Monday afternoon i don't know how you are going to keep away from not knowing the score!

A long standing Patriots fan well the question i must ask is will Gronk be healthy for the game and will Chad Ochocinco score the winning TD

Leave a comment:

• russell
    replied
    I love all these people who suddenly become American Football fans when the superbull is on. Yeah I want to watch a bunch of cowards with more Armour than a soldier on the front line in Afghanistan, with adverts every 6 seconds.

Leave a comment:

• Gonzo
    replied
    So who is watching the Superbowl this Sunday between the New York Giants and New England Patriots.

Are there any fans of teams, players old or new on CUK?
    I'll be watching, I have done for as long as it has been televised in the UK. (Before that the only live NFL we could get was picking up the American Armed Forces Radio broadcasting to their troops based in Germany but that was medium-wave and the signal was no good at the time of day the Superbowl is played.)

Best times were back in the nineties when the publican at my local pub was a fan and would lock the front door, put the game on the TV and keep serving beer.

In the time zone that I am in now I will be watching the game on a Monday afternoon and that feels totally wrong (but I'll still do it).

Oh, and I am a long standing Patriots fan too.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    I'd like to watch, not sure if I can be arsed though. Watched for the first time last year.

Leave a comment:

replied
    Originally posted by Mr.Whippy View Post
    Indeed, should be good...

I'm *cough* working from home Monday
    The good old working from home chesnut

Yes i will be in the office on Monday i will be half asleep on my desk for most of the morning though

Leave a comment:

• Mr.Whippy
    replied
    It will be a cracking game and a late nite for me on Sunday/Monday morning
    Indeed, should be good...

I'm *cough* working from home Monday

Leave a comment:

Working...
X