• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "women who want children should be stay at home mothers"

Collapse

• psychocandy
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    I get called that all the time
    Keep working and she'll be happy
    I suppose comes with the territory being a pimp - LOL.

Yep. I work she spends it all :-(

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
    LOL. Fair enough for not taking offence with me calling you a sad twat.

Looks like you're mates have got you sussed though. l

Agree what you say though. I think society does expect the fella to be the breadwinner etc.
    Mind you, working part-time, sitting home most days, watching tv, moaning about doing a little housework, going out shopping with friends and spending shedloads on clothes/shoes, generally spending loads and then moaning when partners out working all the time to cover it, sounds quite cool. Hang on, I just described my dear wifes life !!!!
    I get called that all the time
    Keep working and she'll be happy

Leave a comment:

• psychocandy
    replied
    It is a free world and it doesnt matter who stays at home and who works. The fact that I think men who choose to be house husbands are a bit wimpish is simply my own opinion - I have three friends who are house husbands and I have told them they are wimps to which they simply said "f**k off, we would rather be house husbands than failed second hand car dealers". Unlike Atw I do not believe that we should enact legislation and mobilise the Stazi to enforce our opinions.
    LOL. Fair enough for not taking offence with me calling you a sad twat.

Looks like you're mates have got you sussed though. l

Agree what you say though. I think society does expect the fella to be the breadwinner etc.
    Mind you, working part-time, sitting home most days, watching tv, moaning about doing a little housework, going out shopping with friends and spending shedloads on clothes/shoes, generally spending loads and then moaning when partners out working all the time to cover it, sounds quite cool. Hang on, I just described my dear wifes life !!!!

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
    You wouldn't necessarily know in the first place.
    True, but if they're that shallow the relationship is probably doomed, just not quite as soon.

Leave a comment:

• bobspud
    replied
    Originally posted by wim121 View Post
    But DA, havent we progressed beyond the origins of humankind? Isnt there someone that you have ever been drawn to and instantly changed your mind the moment you talk to them, or vice versa, a woman who isnt initially wildly appealing, but once you talk to them, you're hooked?

We may all in a primal way initially judge on such factors, but society has had thousands of years to evolve. Some men like skinny women, some women like more artistic men instead of those focused on careers. Not all of us still carry a club and grunt as we walk home to our caves you know.
    As a single female friend once said: "Men can have great looks, big muscles and a cock the size of a donkey however, being materially wealthy seems to make a woman over look an awful lot of the initial traits." Yes she is digging for gold and one day some poor sod is going to find out the hard way.

My sister in law has a sap for a husband. Despite going to university and gaining a good degree that should have put proper money on the table, He is sat on his arse in a non job, while she tries to pay the mortgage raise the kid and build a plan B. His answer was well why don't I take the strain off you by staying at home...

It's partly her fault, because she should have figured out that he wasn't made of the right stuff when they bought the first house. His idea of decorating ended when the sky dish was installed and he could watch the cricket...

She wants to move down here but he doesn't want to move away from mum and dad and the cooked sunday lunch...

He has a very grim conversation ahead of him quite soon.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    A tiny brain I can cope with
    I think this thread shows you'll have to.
    I do appreciate you can laugh at your misfortune though.

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Anyone who would divorce you because you're bringing up their children and it's "not sexy" is simply not someone who you want to be with in the first place.
    Here we go - another binary view

The subtle dynamics of relationships change. They particularly change according to who the breadwinner is.

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
    And people who cant do proper jobs are agents.....

Sad twat. What does it matter who stays home?
    It is a free world and it doesnt matter who stays at home and who works. The fact that I think men who choose to be house husbands are a bit wimpish is simply my own opinion - I have three friends who are house husbands and I have told them they are wimps to which they simply said "f**k off, we would rather be house husbands than failed second hand car dealers". Unlike Atw I do not believe that we should enact legislation and mobilise the Stazi to enforce our opinions.

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Anyone who would divorce you because you're bringing up their children and it's "not sexy" is simply not someone who you want to be with in the first place.
    You wouldn't necessarily know in the first place.

Besides, the underlying reason for wanting to divorce you in those circumstances is that they are out shagging real men.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    in short, having a man whose primary function is not as alpha male breadwinner, but domestic drudge just ain't sexy.
    Divorce lawyer Vanessa Lloyd-Platt says that in her experience, the decision to allow the wife to be the main wage earner will have a detrimental effect on as many as half of these relationships, and that divorce statistics in these cases have risen by at least five per cent in the past two years.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    It went wrong quickly from there. But I do believe in the West we are alot more civilized than that.
    If you really believe that, you are delusional.

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    DA is right in a way. However civilised your society, you cannot erase basic instincts.

Control them yes, even deny them at times, but they are still there.

Leave a comment:

• psychocandy
    replied
    Men who are house husbands are wimps.
    I think her opinion is more to do with justifying her own existence than giving us an insight on parenting.
    And yes she can afford to be at home playing tennis and joining in with the school gate mafia.
    And people who cant do proper jobs are agents.....

Sad twat. What does it matter who stays home?

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    There might be occasions when things break down. A better example is the former Yugoslavia which until Tito's death was quite civilized. It went wrong quickly from there. But I do believe in the West we are alot more civilized than that.

Most primary carers do want to get back to work when the kids go to school.
    Not househusbands. They usually pack up when the kids start school

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    I dont think we have moved on much beyond our basic instincts. Although we have indeed built a far more civilised society, when it breaks down (road rage is a good example) we soon revert back to type. I think it is sad that women are judged on how they look but that I think is nature, as is the feeling that there should be something (even slightly) "alphaish" about men. We have moved on in that society makes allowances and tolerates people who do not conform, but there are times when these allowances make it easy for too many to "cop out".

House husbands who "give up" and resign themselves to looking after kids only do not have my respect. If however they are also holding down a part time job, or running a small business or write, or paint or play in an orchestra then that is different. Lets face it most of them have children at school all day anyway.
    There might be occasions when things break down. A better example is the former Yugoslavia which until Tito's death was quite civilized. It went wrong quickly from there. But I do believe in the West we are alot more civilized than that.

Most primary carers do want to get back to work when the kids go to school.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X