• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "barclays online banking hit by fraud this morning - be careful!"

Collapse

• ChimpMaster
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Nice one - that's exactly what happened to me. Still no idea how my work PC became infected, but being a relatively new type of MIB attack I'm guessing that the usual AV might not have picked it up.

Good thing I stopped when I did!

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Interesting.

BBC News - Hackers outwit online banking identity security systems

Leave a comment:

• ChimpMaster
    replied
    Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    Did you type it into the address bar or the search box?
    Into the address bar, which is why I keep going on about this because there is no evidence of me stepping outside of advised/secure methods when accessing the site yesterday.

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
    The weird thing for me was that I didn't access the website through any link ... I typed it into the browser as I always do. The trojan or whatever it was appeared on the actual Barclays https website. All scans came through clean!
    Did you type it into the address bar or the search box?

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Try to browse to some other bank site on your PC, if you got trojan it probably fakes multiple banks.

Leave a comment:

• ChimpMaster
    replied
    Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
    Spooky - this just arrived in my hotmail

Hello dear member,

Your account is suspended due to the number of incorrect login attempts.

For your protection, we've suspended your account . To reactivate your account

please download the document attached to this email to review your account activity.

If not completed we will be forced to close your account .

Note: If you received these e-mail in your BULK/SPAM section please add to your address book [email protected]

Thank you,
    Customer Support Service.
    The weird thing for me was that I didn't access the website through any link ... I typed it into the browser as I always do. The trojan or whatever it was appeared on the actual Barclays https website. All scans came through clean!

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    Virtual ATM Machine | Moneyville

Dear Customer
    Due to security regulations you need to change your PIN number. In order to assist you this can be done with an on-line ATM.
    Paddy

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied
    Spooky - this just arrived in my hotmail

Hello dear member,

Your account is suspended due to the number of incorrect login attempts.

For your protection, we've suspended your account . To reactivate your account

please download the document attached to this email to review your account activity.

If not completed we will be forced to close your account .

Note: If you received these e-mail in your BULK/SPAM section please add to your address book [email protected]

Thank you,
    Customer Support Service.

Leave a comment:

• ChimpMaster
    replied
    Originally posted by wobbegong View Post
    Thanks

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Thanks (again) for the link. Ran the full scan and it's come out all clean.

So still no idea what happened to my Barclays login this morning... but an AV, rootkit and malware scan have all come up clean.
    We'll blame the Bobs in that case.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by wobbegong View Post
    You didn't provide the link for the client. That why I'm on £20hr more than you.

Leave a comment:

• wobbegong
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Most corporate ant-virus software is pants, couldn't find it's own arse with both hands, you need this mate.

Malwarebytes : Malwarebytes Anti-Malware PRO removes malware including viruses, spyware, worms and trojans, plus it protects your computer
    *Ahem*

Leave a comment:

• ChimpMaster
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Most corporate ant-virus software is pants, couldn't find it's own arse with both hands, you need this mate.

Malwarebytes : Malwarebytes Anti-Malware PRO removes malware including viruses, spyware, worms and trojans, plus it protects your computer
    Thanks (again) for the link. Ran the full scan and it's come out all clean.

So still no idea what happened to my Barclays login this morning... but an AV, rootkit and malware scan have all come up clean.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Full virus and rootkit scan.

Nothing found

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    URL is legit. I'm on the company PC here so it's behind corporate AV and firewall etc.

I haven't plugged in anything or visited any dodgy sites or downloaded any executables.

Very weird.
    You may think it legit but it may not be. You need to read the whole URL it could have an @ in it.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X