• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Buy-to-Die

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Buy-to-Die"

Collapse

• scooterscot
    replied
    Originally posted by thelurker View Post
    buy a brownfield site and convert, much cheaper....
    A few of those going cheap in central london.

Leave a comment:

• thelurker
    replied
    buy a brownfield site and convert, much cheaper....

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    I'm buying up 1000's of burial plots and hoping for a return of Swine Flu!
    Mass graves in this case, you might also get some space in it - your grave inheritance wil be taxed accordingly - 100% for being stoopid

Leave a comment:

• SteelyDan
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post

But it was this chance conversation that led me to the rather macabre thought of whether you could make money out of death.
    Yeah, I think it's called contract killing...bit of a risky diversification though

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    I'll make a killing on this one.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Maybe something in it. Noticed this recently myself.

Farnham, Surrey, GU9 Guide Price £3,000,000 Not Marketed

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Are cemeteries the new safe investment? | Money | The Guardian

Dead cert investment.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    started a topic Buy-to-Die

Buy-to-Die

How to make money out of dying - Telegraph

But it was this chance conversation that led me to the rather macabre thought of whether you could make money out of death.

The father of a friend mentioned that he had bought burial plots for himself and his wife at a local cemetery 20 years ago for just £30 each.

Today, those plots are worth more than £600 – a potential return of 1,900 per cent.

I'm buying up 1000's of burial plots and hoping for a return of Swine Flu!

You're doomed, I'm boomed!

Working...
X