• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: approaching 30...

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "approaching 30..."

Collapse

• greenlake
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    By thirty I had travelled to every continent except Antarctica. Had two houses and rented another.
    So what? When I was about eleven or twelve, I owned four houses on Park Lane, which I soon swapped for a hotel.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    Once spent a night on the Samaritans switchboard. 4 callers topped themselves. I wouldn't have minded so muich but three of them were the wrong number.
    you had a total of 4 calls before they realised ?

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by el duder View Post

no wife, no kids, no home, no posh sports car, just a very temporary lifestyle moving from one robotic office to another making cash..

so basically a divorcee 20 years early?

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Originally posted by Mordac View Post
    Fu.ck me, what is this, the Samaritans or something?

Once spent a night on the Samaritans switchboard. 4 callers topped themselves. I wouldn't have minded so muich but three of them were the wrong number.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    By thirty I had travelled to every continent except Antarctica. Had two houses and rented another. Married for some years.

You never know what's round the corner, as me mother used to say.

Leave a comment:

• AlfredJPruffock
    replied
    Originally posted by Alf W
    Who said IT bods were sad, nerdy, antisocial geeks without a life?

If you can't get a woman then try buying yourself a motorbike, a guitar and then find some smarmy graduate 'Leadership Programme' type, who everyone despises, and punch him out in the middle of the office. You'll feel a million times better about yourself.

Post of the Month methinks !!!

Leave a comment:

• Mr Crosby
    replied
    Originally posted by Mordac
    Fu.ck me, what is this, the Samaritans or something? Why is everyone so bloody miserable? I've just got a 3 month extension on £400 p/d, I'm still collecting my winning bets from miserable Spurts fans and I've got a ticket for the champs league final next week. Hope that's cheered you up a bit.
    It will when Arsenal are stuffed.

Leave a comment:

• AlfredJPruffock
    replied
    Originally Posted by zeitghost
    How offputting.

Some of you are young enough to be my children...

Some of you may well be my children...

No you cant fool , the Children of the Revolution ...

Enough of this handwringing, I saw Carlos Santana in concert in Antwerp last night, had a complete ball, then eating strawberries for lunch today, Brusse;s red light tonight Amsterdam this weekend and next week Ive got two weeks off.

And Im 46 next week.

La vie en Rose.

So there.

PS Carlos Santana is 59 and still gigging furiously.
    Last edited by AlfredJPruffock; 10 May 2006, 13:47.

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Originally posted by el duder
    i turn 30 in near on 5 months..

instead of feeling like im moving into great new, exciting territory, it feels like im having a miniture life crisis.

no wife, no kids, no home, no posh sports car, just a very temporary lifestyle moving from one robotic office to another making cash..

Fu.ck me, what is this, the Samaritans or something? Why is everyone so bloody miserable? I've just got a 3 month extension on £400 p/d, I'm still collecting my winning bets from miserable Spurts fans and I've got a ticket for the champs league final next week. Hope that's cheered you up a bit.

Leave a comment:

• AlfredJPruffock
    replied
    Originally posted by lilelvis2000
    I remember when I was 30 and thinking the same as you. Now I'm 40 and married with children and still thinking the same as you. If you plan to have a house, wife and kids you can use my retirement planning scheme. Its called "keep working". phone me for details and an application pack.

I was digging in the yard today
    When a letter came from Southampton way
    Keep on working
    Keep on working
    I must admit I was a bit in the red
    But if you never have pleasure then you could be dead
    Keep on working
    Keep on working

But there's on thing
    They can't take away
    Hear the sea sing
    See a smiling face
    I think we're OK
    Though we all could be mad
    That's what they say
    We just can't all be bad

I got something now to think about
    I'll work all day but not to pay it out
    Keep on working
    Keep on working
    Don't care if they say where a dying race
    I'd rather be here than any other place
    Keep on working
    Keep on working

And there's another whirl
    They can't ever touch
    Just need a boy and girl
    It don't cost you much

And if your luck is in
    you might have kids at play
    To make you laugh and sing
    When you're old and gray

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by janey
    works for you eh?!
    </Slips into Barry White Mode> Aaaahhhh true lurrrrvve, baby. Switch oofffffff the lights, my hoooooney ...

Leave a comment:

• janey
    replied
    Originally posted by Xenophon
    It certainly is a mine-field out there. Best to confirm they are who they say they are with a visual on webcam if online flirting is your thing.
    works for you eh?!

Leave a comment:

• lilelvis2000
    replied
    I remember when I was 30 and thinking the same as you. Now I'm 40 and married with children and still thinking the same as you. If you plan to have a house, wife and kids you can use my retirement planning scheme. Its called "keep working". phone me for details and an application pack.

Leave a comment:

• Xenophon
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru
    And if you can't find any, you can always use your imagination, by thinking that big hairy blokes on the internet are female, eh?
    It certainly is a mine-field out there. Best to confirm they are who they say they are with a visual on webcam if online flirting is your thing.

Leave a comment:

• madhippy
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    How offputting.

Some of you are young enough to be my children...

Some of you may well be my children...
    /checks self for scales

Leave a comment:

Working...
X