• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "WTF. He is now She!!!"

Collapse

• wim121
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    So you utterly reject the simple idea that a man's psyche can be born in a woman's body or vice versa? If so is this based on medical knowledge about how the "gender of mind" develops, or on a gut feeling?
    I see no compelling evidence of psyche being an affliction of nature when we look at the gender identity aspect.

It's based partly on knowledge, but I am not claiming to be a psychologist here.

Considering the number of extremely weird diseases/conditions which ARE very well documented, I think anything less than hard medical evidence makes calling this impossible.
    I would agree with this. What I object to is the move in recent years to proclaim it is a genetic affliction. All the data seems to suggest it is in fact nurture and not nature.

However, as you said, calling it is almost impossible as with many other afflictions that psychologists have been fighting over for centuries.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    So you utterly reject the simple idea that a man's psyche can be born in a woman's body or vice versa? If so is this based on medical knowledge about how the "gender of mind" develops, or on a gut feeling?

Considering the number of extremely weird diseases/conditions which ARE very well documented, I think anything less than hard medical evidence makes calling this impossible.

Leave a comment:

• wim121
    replied
    Originally posted by chef View Post
    That shows just how well informed you are, I think you might find if you actually do some research, rather than spout the sh!t you just have in your last few posts
    I have actually, so why dont you stop being so presumptuous?

Unfortunately, Ive lived in some of the gay capitals of europe for far too long in the past.

that it isn't simply a case of one day a man decides "**** this I want to be called jane from now on", walks into an NHS clinic and gets the snip. I think you might find that surgery is usually the last option and is only considered after several psycological evaluations to ensure the person is of sound mind and isn't simply crying for help relating to some other issue.
    I never said it was a spur of the moment choice did I? So why dont you learn to read?

People get evaluated for all surgery, look at cosmetic surgery for instance. Many go through with it, even after the doctors counsel them on how it wont solve all their problems like they would hope, but people still go through with it, often because of insecurities and poor self images. Many may feel they need the procedure, but even after being evaluated and declared of sound mind, that doesnt get to the heart of why they are doing it.

So yes, gender re-assignment is another level entirely but the same principle still applies. The person may be psychologically fit enough to go through with the procedure and determined to go through with it but ultimately it may not make them happy and the best thing is to get counselling for their illness.

I can confirm this is the case as a friend of mine went through exactly this procedure, I'd be very interested on what you base your "facts" on other than ignorant predjudice.
    I'm 99% sure they get the latter only after the former has been extensively used, to establish they really are likely to be better off and understand what is involved. Nobody is in a rush to cut your balls off (well maybe yours specifically).
    - Through years of experience living among these types of people
    - Through my own unbiased research which is objective, where as your viewpoint is just full of obscenities and it is quite clear you lack an open mind
    - Through aiding professionals in their research in collating data

What is your experience or knowledge apart from the sheltered fragments of re-collations off people not opening up fully to you?

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    You really are an unpleasant ****, aren't you?
    That would be you my dear fool, seeing as you cant have a conversation without being foul mouthed.

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    I was in the same situation a few years ago. A male finance colleague came back from leave as a woman. There was some scratching of heads, but everyone carried on treating her with the same polite disdain that finance people deserve.
    Hahaha, fair enough.

But that is each individuals choice of how accepting they decide to be about it. That is what makes a free society. Tolerance means we legally have to afford everyone the same rights, however as I said before, tolerance isnt acceptance and no-one can force that.

To put it another way, say the government lifted bans/laws on bestiality. Then one would have to be tolerant of someone humping their pet. You couldn't throw rotten fruit at them or call them a "dirty dog *****". However just because you legally have to acknowledge their lifestyle choice, doesnt mean you have to like it at all.

Is that knowledge gained by years of sneaking into the ladies' loos?
    No, just in my younger days, worked in bars, restaurants, etc. Many professional cleaners you speak to as well will echo the same sentiments.

Originally posted by cojak View Post
    And the relief is that you probably won't be working on my project.
    You would be surprised. Im quite meek, mild and polite in real life, even been told im too polite.

Just because my views dont match yours, doesnt bear any resemblance to my personality. Im surprised many lack the maturity to acknowledge that.

Leave a comment:

• KimberleyChris
    replied
    What a terrible piece of mucky innuendo.
    (Kimberley speaking, cos 'im indoors is out down the Legion)

No mucky innuendo from KC1. He is an ex-altar boy; pure in heart and noble in deed.

If you believe that................................

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by KimberleyChris View Post
    a big hairy spider in her bathtub
    What a terrible piece of mucky innuendo.

Leave a comment:

• KimberleyChris
    replied
    Big girl...but still definitely a girl.

I'd love to know what happens when she finds a big hairy spider in her bathtub.

Kim won't go in there all day.
    Last edited by KimberleyChris; 14 January 2012, 14:58.

Leave a comment:

• centurian
    replied
    Originally posted by MayContainNuts View Post
    while one of the other contractors on site is well up in arms!!!!
    Clearly not a proper contractor then.

Personally I wouldn't give a flying tulip - just as long as my timesheet still gets approved.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post

Or Amazonia (New Female Wrestler from the US!) ...
    She has a web site http://www.isistheamazon.com/

Leave a comment:

• KimberleyChris
    replied
    You would....

....you would have no choice in the matter

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by KimberleyChris View Post
    They should all sod off back to Lesbia.

Coming over here, nicking our jobs
    Or Amazonia (New Female Wrestler from the US!)

Leave a comment:

• KimberleyChris
    replied
    They should all sod off back to Lesbia.

Coming over here, nicking our jobs

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    What if you're a man and you get trapped in a lesbian?

Leave a comment:

• KimberleyChris
    replied
    What if you are a lesbian trapped in a man's body???

Leave a comment:

• MayContainNuts
    replied
    Originally posted by Mr.Whippy View Post
    Grow up...there's only one bell-end I really care about being removed and that's you from this forum
    Just my opinion Mr Wippy!!! Youve obviously all seen these things before. Bit new for me!!!

Leave a comment:

• Mr.Whippy
    replied
    Originally posted by MayContainNuts View Post
    Anyway he's(sorry she) is back on Monday. Some colleagues think it's OK, while one of the other contractors on site is well up in arms!!!!

As long as he doesn't think Im fair game we have no probs mate!!!
    Grow up...there's only one bell-end I really care about being removed and that's you from this forum

Leave a comment:

Working...
X