• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "The best and worst paid graduate jobs - in pictures"

Collapse

• Freamon
    replied
    Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
    I think these figures are for graduate schemes and probably FTSE100 companies. I would love to know what the real figures for starting salaries for all graduates. More like £16K p/a if you're in a call centre.
    Yes, I think they've taken the average starting salary for graduate schemes, rather than the average across all graduates (most of whom won't be on a graduate scheme, and quite a few of whom will be unemployed).

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Originally posted by MrRobin View Post
    I frickin hate sites which make you load page after page to be able to read a single article or review. Just have them load all on the same page or at least incorporate an image slide widget thingie.

Newspapers and news sites are the worst offenders, BBC news excepted.
    Business Insider usually have a "View as One Page" button for the slide show articles

Leave a comment:

• MrRobin
    replied
    I frickin hate sites which make you load page after page to be able to read a single article or review. Just have them load all on the same page or at least incorporate an image slide widget thingie.

Newspapers and news sites are the worst offenders, BBC news excepted.

Leave a comment:

• ChimpMaster
    replied
    Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
    I love how the photo for IT doesn't in anyway perpetuate the image of IT being full of geeks
    Not only that but it's a stock photo from something like 1986. They could have shown a really cool Apple computer from the latest range...but the geeks would have looked the same anyway.

Leave a comment:

• Scrag Meister
    replied
    £28500, you're having a laugh, said Harry

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    On closer look of the 7 in the front row, 2 and 5 are asleep and 7 could be

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Is the redhead in the front row at the graudation ceremony asleep?

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    I love how the photo for IT doesn't in anyway perpetuate the image of IT being full of geeks

Leave a comment:

• The_Equalizer
    replied
    Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
    £29,000 is the average starting salary for graduates these days? What the feck!
    I think these figures are for graduate schemes and probably FTSE100 companies. I would love to know what the real figures for starting salaries for all graduates. More like £16K p/a if you're in a call centre.

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    WTF a newly graduate can consult on?!?!
    Not very much, but they can tag along gathering data, taking notes and doing the spreadsheets.

Consultants in general are fairly useless IMO.

Leave a comment:

• ThomasSoerensen
    replied
    For new graduate I think they are fair monthly salaries.

Leave a comment:

• ChimpMaster
    replied
    £29,000 is the average starting salary for graduates these days? What the feck!

Leave a comment:

• Freamon
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Why are the investment bankers wearing bowlers??? Everybody knows only secret agents wear bowlers.
    Because not everything in newspapers is real.

HTH

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by Freamon View Post
    "Consulting

Consultants earn average starting salaries of £31,500. "

WTF a newly graduate can consult on?!?!

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Why are the investment bankers wearing bowlers??? Everybody knows only secret agents wear bowlers.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X