• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "More bloody patronising adverts !!"

Collapse

Guest replied
    Re: Heinz vs Daddie

As is the smell when stuck on Barton bridge over that sewage works.
    I've worked there! Doing casual labour for an electricians in the summer between A level years. We were wiring up some bloody great diesel engines - working in the cellar underneath them in bollocking hot heat, using a great feck off hammer drill to drill holes in reinforced concrete. Its the hardest work I've ever done, and the stench was almost enough to put me off my butties.

I think it must have been that experience that put me on the path to freeloading white collar contract work.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

I was the pig on Pipkins.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

But it all comes out as soon as you say cream buns (kreeem boons) like the pig on pipkins

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Lucifer, I didn't have you pegged as a Brummie...
    Was born there, Slave. Lived there until I left home to go to university and then for a couple of years again in my early twenties when I had a Cobol gig in West Bromwich.

Most people who know me in real life are surprised too. I guess because I was brought up to speak proper like.

Bostin.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

I used to work in Stockport, and drove past a McVities biscuit factory every day. Yum!:b

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

"I used to work near Stockport and part of the then M56 goes between Pataks Sauces on one side of the motorway and a sewage works on the other..."

and I know exactly where you mean. The smell on a hot summers day (not too often in Manchester) is something else.

As is the smell when stuck on Barton bridge over that sewage works.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Ah, Birmingham, city of a thousand smells.
    Lucifer, I didn't have you pegged as a Brummie...

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

And you could smell the Cadbury's factory from my bedroom window. Ah, Birmingham, city of a thousand smells.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

I used to work near Stockport and part of the then M56 goes between Pataks Sauces on one side of the motorway and a sewage works on the other...

Beats me why they didn't just pipe the curry straight into the sewage works and cut out the middle-man!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

I put it down to driving past the HP sauce factory too many times as a lad... oooh, I can remember the smell even now.
    Could have been worse...driving past the sewage treatment plant :x

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Heinz vs Daddie

I think Daddies ketchup is much nicer than Heinz. Less sickly sweet and does actually taste as though some tomatoes might have been near it.

And yes, Slave, I started to worry myself as well. I put it down to driving past the HP sauce factory too many times as a lad... oooh, I can remember the smell even now.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Re: Well obviously I mean

southern tradesmen are viewed as devious and unreliable
    Wonder why that is ...

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Re: HP or Daddies

The funniest one is the Calgon adverts. We don't tend to have hard water in the North so we've no need for it. But it's sold to southerners using a supposed northern plumber. This is because (from market research) southern tradesmen are viewed as devious and unreliable, even by southerners! Check out the B&Q adverts and it's a similar story. It's advertising stereotyping at it's best!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Re: Well obviously I mean

the underclass.
    They're all fecking scum. The upper classes aren't much better either...their totty have no charlies

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Well obviously I mean

the underclass.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X