• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Twenty Heroes still alive."

Collapse

• BlasterBates
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    You forgot Tony Benn.

Proper anti-EEC / EC / EU from the beginning (unlike Thatcher et al) and the last decent MP.
    ...and you criticise me for lack of judgement

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    I thought his honest and straightforward defence of the sovereign and democratic rights of the nation state against creeping European federalism would be too much for you to stomach.
    On that I I do agree with him. The rest of his politics are precisely why Thatcher was needed.

Leave a comment:

• wobbegong
    replied
    Originally posted by KimberleyChris View Post
    She still scares me now, and she has an 'ism' named after her after all.
    Who was 'j'?

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    Which one?
    The next one.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Dalai lama
    Which one?

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    Trust me he is one person I did not forget.
    I thought his honest and straightforward defence of the sovereign and democratic rights of the nation state against creeping European federalism would be too much for you to stomach.

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    You forgot Tony Benn.

Trust me he is one person I did not forget.

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    George 'Johnny' Johnson.

Leave a comment:

• KimberleyChris
    replied
    Yes, there are a lot of 'icons' there rather than 'heroes'.

The most obvious being Maggie.

She was either the second coming, or the antichrist in knickers according to your politics, but nobody from any party could dispute that she was a powerful icon.

She still scares me now, and she has an 'ism' named after her after all.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Dalai lama

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    show us your list then
    Would take too long. From your list I'd keep:

Thatcher, The Queen, Attenborough. Frank Field, possibly, for seemingly being an honourable MP.

Not sure about the rest of the Royals being heroes. Probably prefer to have them hanging around for prestige value, but the Duke (patron saint of CUK) is good for a laugh.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    You forgot Tony Benn.

Proper anti-EEC / EC / EU from the beginning (unlike Thatcher et al) and the last decent MP.

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    Well if you are going to have a stupid list, add George Galloway for his entertainment value.

If you want a sensible list, scrub 99% of what you have and slip Patrick Moore in there.
    show us your list then

Leave a comment:

• KimberleyChris
    replied
    "I think I will keep Blair"

Stop agreeing with me...it's creepy!

Are you smoking something mellow over there in the blue corner? :-)

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Well if you are going to have a stupid list, add George Galloway for his entertainment value.

If you want a sensible list, scrub 99% of what you have and slip Patrick Moore in there.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X