• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Contract warning signs"

Collapse

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    No, apparently someone was honest once. He didn't get far as a contractor though,and he didn't stand a chance as an agent.

I see what you did there
    Damn you are obviously too clever for me!

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    dur that's why I always ask for two references

Well maybe not everyone is as dishonest as you!
    No, apparently someone was honest once. He didn't get far as a contractor though,and he didn't stand a chance as an agent.

I see what you did there

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Dur, that's why you always lie when someone asks at the interview why you left your last place, do I have to think of everything

(and if you reply 'dur that's why I always ask for two references' I will kill you; slowly and painfully )
    dur that's why I always ask for two references

Well maybe not everyone is as dishonest as you!

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Dur, that's why you ask at the interview why you left your last place, do I have to think of everything
    Dur, that's why you always lie when someone asks at the interview why you left your last place, do I have to think of everything

(and if you reply 'dur that's why I always ask for two references' I will kill you; slowly and painfully )

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Potential problem; the guy left for a reason, presumably.
    Dur, that's why you ask at the interview why you left your last place, do I have to think of everything

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by bobspud View Post
    As my mate is finding out today:
    when you get asked to interview your permie replacement !!!
    As long as you get two references and the name of the hiring manager at where he is coming from I don't see a problem
    Potential problem; the guy left for a reason, presumably.

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by bobspud View Post
    As long as you get two references and the name of the hiring manager at where he is coming from I don't see a problem

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by cojak View Post
    Does the panel have any others?
    We've got a great new guy who left his other contract early specially to come and join our team. He's a BPM expert who is also great at coding, databases and system architecture.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    If remember when my ex-wife asked her kidney surgeon for any warning signs that her kidney transplant as not working. He replied "Well death is usually a bad sign". Oh how we laughed...

Leave a comment:

• bobspud
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    You're all wimps. The only sentence that should scare a contractor is 'we're discussing whether we should pay his invoice'.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by Notascooby View Post
    Strategic re-alignment
    Concentrating on core competencies (i.e. outsource IT)
    Portfolio rationalisation
    The use of those phrases is sufficient to justify being thrown out of the window on the top floor. Or castration. Slow castration.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by RSoles View Post
    "Hi RS, this is Bob, I'd like you to teach him all you know".
    This. PermieBob starts today. I think my chances of renewal are looking slim.

Leave a comment:

• RSoles
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    Permie sat at my desk with a bin bag full of my stuff on the floor.
    ~Nah, that's just typical thieving permie scum.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by cojak View Post
    Overheard conversation:

Prog Mgr: "The Project is out of favour with the new senior management team"

Does the panel have any others?
    "Hi team, and here is your new Project Manager, Mr Suityou"

Leave a comment:

Working...
X