• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Top Gear India -

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Top Gear India -"

Collapse

• darmstadt
    replied
    Is Top Gear contractor friendly?

The train banner stunt included one slogan that said "British IT For Your Company" that transformed into the word "tulip For Your Company".

Leave a comment:

• The_Equalizer
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    How about William Woollard?

William Woollard - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It's been a while since he was on it.

Though there is the horrifying thought that Noel Edmonds was a presenter on it in days of yore.
    Like the idea of that Woollard chap.

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    i always enjoyed Tony Mason's segments

Leave a comment:

• The_Equalizer
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    The, er, bint on 5th gear is rather annoying too.

But then they were all annoying before they had a forced change of channels way back when.

Remember our Tif knocking Mansell off the track in a Touring Car type race?

It was ever so funny.
    Perhaps they could bring back Quentin 'Spiv' Wilson? There's always a subtle feeling that Wilson tends to exaggerate. He has an article in Classic Cars each month where the prices quoted are always a bit too good to be true. Anyway...

Leave a comment:

• The_Equalizer
    replied
    Originally posted by Bumfluff View Post
    Top gear is a pile of cr*p these days, I saw the India one as well and agree it was embarrassing, I thought the explosion they did at the party was in bad taste.

5th Gear is alot better in that they actually test cars and have Tif etc giving the cars stick, 5th Gear is so much better than top gear, top gear is passed it now.
    There's something about 'Tif' that I find dead annoying. Actually, the same goes for that Plato fella. Is he still on it?

Leave a comment:

• Bumfluff
    replied
    Top gear is a pile of cr*p these days, I saw the India one as well and agree it was embarrassing, I thought the explosion they did at the party was in bad taste.

5th Gear is alot better in that they actually test cars and have Tif etc giving the cars stick, 5th Gear is so much better than top gear, top gear is passed it now.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by BoredBloke View Post
    Have to agree I thought it was rubbish. it's all staged and has been forever. How else could you explain Clarkson driving the worlds fastest road car and the never ending shots of him racing past other cars or the roadside shots. Not much of a race if the fastest road car has to do drive bys or is limited to the speed of the range rover the crew are in.
    You're aware of these things called speed limits? When have you ever driven any car to its limit on a long journey?
    Those challenges are just a way to do an extended road test.

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    BBC News - Top Gear India special criticised for 'toilet humour'

A Top Gear special in India was "offensive" and full of "toilet humour", the High Commission of India (HCI) in London has complained
    Now although this is typical bollocks,, I like the fact that before the HCI complained the bbc confirmed that had been 23 complaints and after they are now saying 188 have been made, do people really complain only once highlighted that someone else has complained?

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Top Gear would probably be better these days with childrens presenters.....

You sad git

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Top Gear would probably be better these days with childrens presenters.....

Leave a comment:

• wurzel
    replied
    Originally posted by original PM View Post
    On another similar note has anyone watched any of TopGear USA - has been on BBC3 and was available on iplayer for a while.

It was not bad although at times you could see they were trying to mimic the banter from the british version and just failing
    When I worked out in Saudi, BBC World used to do an Indian version of Top Gear (the old format) complete with an Indian Clarkson in denim trying to be laddish. Didn't really come off IMO. The bloke who did Indian Mastermind which always followed Top Gear made a much better fist of doing Magnus Magnusson.

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    Have to agree I thought it was rubbish. it's all staged and has been forever. How else could you explain Clarkson driving the worlds fastest road car and the never ending shots of him racing past other cars or the roadside shots. Not much of a race if the fastest road car has to do drive bys or is limited to the speed of the range rover the crew are in. I also hate the way they get all weepy about the cars they have been in. The garden party just looked like a way to fill 20 mins of the show.

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
    The Top Gear Amazon adventure was great and so was the episode in Thailand somewhere. I just wish they would not focus entirely on piss taking of some other culture and trying to brand British as best. Its just tedious.
    you mean Vietnam?

I think that was the peak - the last season and the latest special were all forgetable

Leave a comment:

• fullyautomatix
    replied
    Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
    I starting to think that top gear in its current guise has run it's course. They're having to resort to cheap gags and insults which is never a good sign.
    I think they must have lost some of the behind the scenes creative talent. The cinematography also seems to have gone downhill over the past 12 months and the whole show feels as if someone has left behind a "how to make a top gear programme" cheat sheet which is being used over and over again by a team of 12 year old boys.

The Top Gear Amazon adventure was great and so was the episode in Thailand somewhere. I just wish they would not focus entirely on piss taking of some other culture and trying to brand British as best. Its just tedious.

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    On another similar note has anyone watched any of TopGear USA - has been on BBC3 and was available on iplayer for a while.

It was not bad although at times you could see they were trying to mimic the banter from the british version and just failing

Leave a comment:

Working...
X