• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Question for Chico

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Question for Chico"

Collapse

• Fungus
    replied
    Originally posted by Dundeegeorge
    The only problem is that everyone here knows you're a looney and your views are about as useful as NuLabour. Other than that, nice work, keep it up (if you can get it up, are you old enough now for physical relationships or is it still just you and your hand?)
    I think you are being unfair to loonies.

Leave a comment:

• WageSlave
    replied
    Originally posted by Dundeegeorge
    The only problem is that everyone here knows you're a looney and your views are about as useful as NuLabour. Other than that, nice work, keep it up (if you can get it up, are you old enough now for physical relationships or is it still just you and your hand?)
    Ah, it's nice to see some things never change. Same old arguments, same old characters

Now, if anyone is looking for a helping hand, might I humbly recommend the 'Full WS Service'? Real bargin at £25 a pop.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth
    Damn. Did I miss something disgusting?
    Yeah, Wendi is up to his old tricks.
    (Specifically - replying twice to one post.)
    Firstly he posts his immediate response, then he goes away to think for a while and then posts again.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Damn. Did I miss something disgusting?

Leave a comment:

• Lucifer Box
    replied
    Frankly, I’m disgusted.

Leave a comment:

• Dundeegeorge
    replied
    an interesting viewpoint there JW

Originally posted by Jabberwocky
    Prove it. What Dan Brown says is the absolute truth. I believe every word in the Da Vinci code, in its literal sense. Jesus was married to Mary Magdalene and Jesus had a child. I am directly descended from that lineage, I am your saviour. The words are there in black and white. My majesty is irrefutable, I am your Lord and master, bow down before me fu*kface.
    Last edited by Dundeegeorge; 8 May 2006, 09:17.

Leave a comment:

• Jabberwocky
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill
    So, I rest by my previous statement. It (The Da Vinci Code) is a work of fiction. You tried to divert my assertion by mentioning a completely different work of in your words "Serious Research" in a later retort.

Now, grow up.
    Prove it. What Dan Brown says is the absolute truth. I believe every word in the Da Vinci code, in its literal sense. Jesus was married to Mary Magdalene and Jesus had a child. I am directly descended from that lineage, I am your saviour. The words are there in black and white. My majesty is irrefutable, I am your Lord and master, bow down before me fu*kface.

Leave a comment:

• wendigo100
    replied
    On the one hand you acknowledge that "The Da Vinci Code" is a work of fiction and then go on to mention the theories espoused in that said work of fiction.

So, I rest by my previous statement. It (The Da Vinci Code) is a work of fiction. You tried to divert my assertion by mentioning a completely different work of in your words "Serious Research" in a later retort.

Now, grow up.
    You are struggling Churchill.

I think you'll find that right at the start, in the opening post, I talked of "the theories espoused in the story "Da Vinci Code".

Nowhere have I suggested anywhere that I support those theories.

Nowhere have I suggested that I thought the story itself was anything other than fiction.

Your assertion was incorrect from the outset.

Leave a comment:

• Fungus
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist
    Wendigo, I am more agnostic than you
    I reckon I am the worlds first diagnostic

So you are Welsh then?

Leave a comment:

• wendigo100
    replied
    Originally posted by The Lone Gunman
    Wendi love, (I know your a bloke) The Da Vinci Code is indeed based on some serious research. Much to Dan Browns embarrasment he failed to check the authenticity of said research as a simple google shows up the fact that three of the basic "facts" he based his story on were proven to be an elaborate deception some years ago. Thus any findings on the church can be ignored as they were based on a false premise. HTH.
    Personally I don't care, because I am not supporting these theories myself, which is something that one or two people on here can't seem to grasp.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by wendigo100
    They are your views, but telling people to grow up because they acknowledge that there are other views on this planet other than yours strikes me as being rather childish.
    Anyway, what do you think about the theories espoused in the story "Da Vinci Code"? Is the Catholic church a load of old b0llocks after all?
    On the one hand you acknowledge that "The Da Vinci Code" is a work of fiction and then go on to mention the theories espoused in that said work of fiction.

Now, grow up.

Leave a comment:

• The Lone Gunman
    replied
    They are your views, but telling people to grow up because they acknowledge that there are other views on this planet other than yours strikes me as being rather childish.
    Wendi love, (I know your a bloke) The Da Vinci Code is indeed based on some serious research. Much to Dan Browns embarrasment he failed to check the authenticity of said research as a simple google shows up the fact that three of the basic "facts" he based his story on were proven to be an elaborate deception some years ago. Thus any findings on the church can be ignored as they were based on a false premise. HTH.

Leave a comment:

• wendigo100
    replied
    Serious research, my arse!

"Holy Blood, Holy Grail" is also based on numerous other theories/conspiracies that have been around for hundreds of years.

Next you'll be saying that Freemasonry is descended from "The Knights Templar" just because you read it in a book that someone had "Seriously Researched"!

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    If you'd have bothered to read my original question, you'd have noted that I referred not to the story, but to the theories espoused by the book which, as most observers are aware, are based on serious research carried out by many people, famously Michael Baigent and Richard Leigh, who wrote 1982 book The Holy Blood and the Holy Grail. Now, whether one considers the published results of such research to be fact or fiction is a matter for each to decide; I am agnostic on the subject. I am merely asking the views of someone who purports to be a serious Christian.
    Serious research, my arse!

"Holy Blood, Holy Grail" is also based on numerous other theories/conspiracies that have been around for hundreds of years.

Next you'll be saying that Freemasonry is descended from "The Knights Templar" just because you read it in a book that someone had "Seriously Researched"!

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    I've done a bit of research myself, and looking at the evidence, it is true. God doesn't exist after all.

HTH

Pope Benidick

Leave a comment:

Working...
X