• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Best approach to get prenuptial agreement signed before marriage"

Collapse

• Pondlife
    replied
    Originally posted by snaw View Post
    WTF have I missed?

AtW has popped it's cherry and is getting hitched? the mayan thing must be true, I'm sure that's one of the signs of the apocalypse ...

Happy new year all.
    Nah, he's just trying to explore new ways to make sure it never happens.

On the first date she will have to sign a form accepting that by attending she is in no way entitled to half his rental deposit, 50% of a 3 seater sofa or a list of half a trillion backlinks.

She will however be expected to pay for her own dinner, although she will be entitled to keep the toy that came with it.

Leave a comment:

• psychocandy
    replied
    Originally posted by escapeUK View Post
    Not very good reasons, when you consider reasons not to. Being able to do whatever you want, spend you money how you want, sleep with whoever you want.
    Crack one off on your own when you want?

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by snaw View Post
    AtW has popped it's cherry
    No sign off that yet - just that someone might marry him. At least in his mind. He seems convinced that his collection of pot noodle lids are worth something and that by getting a prenup he can stop his wife from taking them after divorcing him on failure to consummate the marriage as AtW would only get excited if she wears a squirrel costume.

HTH

Leave a comment:

• snaw
    replied
    WTF have I missed?

AtW has popped it's cherry and is getting hitched? the mayan thing must be true, I'm sure that's one of the signs of the apocalypse ...

Happy new year all.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Can't think of anything better than asking lawyers from side A to talk to lawyers on side B?
    Don't let the idea of petty marital squabbles put you off getting hitched Alexei. If the woman that you are pinning your hopes of romance upon starts to play up, just follow the advice given below....

HTH

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    AtW, IANAL, but I believe that the sofa remains the property of the hire purchase company for the full four years, so no need to worry immediately. If you find a woman who can tolerate you for that long, for Christ's sake, doesn't she deserve a second hand sofa?
    Sofa will remain property of an Isle of Man registered trust

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    AtW, IANAL, but I believe that the sofa remains the property of the hire purchase company for the full four years, so no need to worry immediately. If you find a woman who can tolerate you for that long, for Christ's sake, doesn't she deserve a second hand sofa?

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Well this thread is really dragging the romantics out of the wood ain't it?

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Not had to pay yet, but definitely would if it meant Id get someone amazing like with top model looks.
    I would be prepared to pay if I got a woman with a great personality. Women who sell their body rarely have a great personality.

Leave a comment:

• escapeUK
    replied
    Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
    Those are reasons not to get involved with someone at all. Nowt to do with marriage.

Looks like lonely times ahead for someone.
    I agree with your first point, no interest in a relationship at all. I dont have the time or the bulltulip tolerance.

As to the second point, not really. It's very easy to find someone for whatever you want via the internet, Im sure you get my drift.

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    In your case the last two are never mutually exclusive.
    Not had to pay yet, but definitely would if it meant Id get someone amazing like with top model looks.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Not very good reasons, when you consider reasons not to. Being able to do whatever you want, spend you money how you want, sleep with whoever you want.
    Some people do feel like that - and that is fine. But it is not for me though.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    In your case the last two are never mutually exclusive.

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    Those are reasons not to get involved with someone at all. Nowt to do with marriage.

Looks like lonely times ahead for someone.

Leave a comment:

• escapeUK
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    There is every reason to get married - as long as you don't get divorced. You never really know someone until you divorce them.

I think it is good for children. And if your wife takes it as a show of commitment and responds positively then that is a good reason.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Why would any man ever want to get married? I really cant think of one reason.
    There is every reason to get married - as long as you don't get divorced. You never really know someone until you divorce them.

I think it is good for children. And if your wife takes it as a show of commitment and responds positively then that is a good reason.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X