• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: My Cats got AIDS

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "My Cats got AIDS"

Collapse

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    Damn I hate it when people make smart comments without properly understanding the OP

Guilty as charged, apologies
    ok, and I will withdraw the 'superphallus' charge
    - mental eunuch

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    I refer you to my OP , superphallus

'the missus took them for their jabs'

Damn I hate it when people make smart comments without properly understanding the OP

Guilty as charged, apologies

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    And he charged you for this
    I refer you to my OP , superphallus

'the missus took them for their jabs'

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    It's not confirmed .It was just the vets first take on things

the missus mentioned he was attacking the christmas dekkies last night, which are full of red paper chains and tinsel

so the juries out I suppose.

And he charged you for this

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by norrahe View Post
    If he has had his annual boosters from day one then he would have been vaccinated against FIV and it is unlikely he would have it.

Red gums are an indication of gingivitis which is common in cats.

Has your vet done a blood test to confirm he is FIV+ ?

If he is FIV+ then it is best to keep him indoors, I used to home cats for CPL and for any positive cats we recommended they didn't go outside.

Linky Cats protection FIV info
    It's not confirmed .It was just the vets first take on things

the missus mentioned he was attacking the christmas dekkies last night, which are full of red paper chains and tinsel

so the juries out I suppose.

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Apparently , the little moggie has red gums, which is a main indicator of the condition. The vet advised that we dont get any kittens
    but the older moggies are safe because they have built up their immunity.

The vet reckons he is a carrier

feline aids

If he has had his annual boosters from day one then he would have been vaccinated against FIV and it is unlikely he would have it.

Red gums are an indication of gingivitis which is common in cats.

Has your vet done a blood test to confirm he is FIV+ ?

If he is FIV+ then it is best to keep him indoors, I used to home cats for CPL and for any positive cats we recommended they didn't go outside.

Linky Cats protection FIV info
    Last edited by norrahe; 28 December 2011, 18:22.

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    The missus took two of the cats for their jabs this am, and the vet tells her that our new male, one year old Oreo, has Cat AIDS.

Little furry gay boy

Go out with a collecting tin.

Not a CHARITY collecting for Terminally ill Cats you will get £500 today

Leave a comment:

• Joeman
    replied
    GET HIM NEUTERED ASAP!!
    There is already far too many cats in rescue homes because people allow their un-neutered cats to roam about the neighbourhood. If you're a responsible cat owner, get him neutered ASAP before your cat contributes (even more) to the problem...

Leave a comment:

• Shivers
    replied
    My Cats got AIDS

Cat's

It appears you're stuck in the 80's. Bless you and hope you find inner peace.

HTH

Leave a comment:

• Ruprect
    replied
    Have it put down

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    Originally posted by cojak View Post
    Sorry EO but the retort 'How does it smell?' just won't go away...
    Terrible

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Sorry EO but the retort 'How does it smell?' just won't go away...

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    he's always fighting. thats why we got him, to protect our females from the evil siamese twins who took over the patch when Biscuit died.
    We've got a couple of those

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by Zippy View Post
    He'll be OK. They can be vaccinated against it, so make sure the other mogs are (although they may then test positive themselves - are you sure Oreo hasn't been vaccinated?). As I understand it, the main method of transmission is through wounds sustained during fights, so I hope he doesn't get in to any punch-ups.
    he's always fighting. thats why we got him, to protect our females from the evil siamese twins who took over the patch when Biscuit died.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Apparently , the little moggie has red gums, which is a main indicator of the condition. The vet advised that we dont get any kittens
    but the older moggies are safe because they have built up their immunity.

The vet reckons he is a carrier

feline aids

Leave a comment:

Working...
X