• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Most desirable place to live in the Uk."

Collapse

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
    Aldershot is nearby, the old RAE Farnborough is now civvie I think.
    Aldershot and Farnborough are both Rushmoor, not Hart.

I think Hart includes most of Yateley common and Minley and Hawley woods, much of which is owned by the MOD. There's barracks at Minley - you often see the soldiers training in the woods.

Dunno about boring - guess it depends on your idea of fun.

Leave a comment:

• wim121
    replied
    Originally posted by Troll View Post
    But what would Cornwall be like if the emmits didn't come?

Nice?

I see what you mean, tourism, etc etc. However for locals, tourism isnt year round so if you have a mortgage to pay, you need an employer offering year round work ....

Worst thing is foreign emmits, especially the french. Such rude, horrible, arrogant pigs .....

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    Originally posted by wim121 View Post
    Ahhhh cornwall, if money were no object and I had to choose a place in the UK i'd still be there .....

However the only downside with the west country is there isnt many services southwest of plymouth, lower wages/less jobs and emmits galore, knicking all the good homes .... sodding emmits with their buckets of sand .... pahhhhh
    But what would Cornwall be like if the emmits didn't come?

Leave a comment:

• Cliphead
    replied
    Originally posted by norrahe View Post
    IIRC, aren't there a lot of army bases out that way?
    Aldershot is nearby, the old RAE Farnborough is now civvie I think.

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Over the years I've lived in Farnborough and worked in Fleet & Hook. I have a cousin who lives in Hook as well. Utterly fookin boring.
    IIRC, aren't there a lot of army bases out that way?

Leave a comment:

• wim121
    replied
    Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
    West country la la la west country la la la, I'll take countryside, coastline, peace and cider over anything the SE has to offer, anywhere east or north of Gloucestershire is undesirable in my book.
    Ahhhh cornwall, if money were no object and I had to choose a place in the UK i'd still be there .....

However the only downside with the west country is there isnt many services southwest of plymouth, lower wages/less jobs and emmits galore, knicking all the good homes .... sodding emmits with their buckets of sand .... pahhhhh

Leave a comment:

• Cliphead
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    It's livened up since you left.
    I don't break windows anymore. Not with stones...

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Over the years I've lived in Farnborough and worked in Fleet & Hook. I have a cousin who lives in Hook as well. Utterly fookin boring.
    It's livened up since you left.

Leave a comment:

• Cliphead
    replied
    Originally posted by amoeba View Post
    Its Fleet+Hook, north east Hampshire. I currently work in Hook, and my suspicions about the area is that the Chav quota is very low. Otherwise its pretty boring London commuter belt.

Saying that it is in my top 5 list of areas to move to, along with Winchester and Chandlers Ford.

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    sore loser

West country la la la west country la la la, I'll take countryside, coastline, peace and cider over anything the SE has to offer, anywhere east or north of Gloucestershire is undesirable in my book.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by amoeba View Post
    Its Fleet+Hook, north east Hampshire. I currently work in Hook, and my suspicions about the area is that the Chav quota is very low. Otherwise its pretty boring London commuter belt.

Saying that it is in my top 5 list of areas to move to, along with Winchester and Chandlers Ford.
    My old boy lived in Yateley for years. Nice enough but fooking boring.
    Apparently that rates quite highly.

Leave a comment:

• amoeba
    replied

Leave a comment:

• KimberleyChris
    replied
    I've got to be honest. Even though I am a born-and-bred Northerner myself, I see what you mean.

If my balls drop tonight, I will take a map of Great Britain and fold it from the Severn to the Wash and tear it in half.

If I REALLY win, then I will never be seen North of the Alps again :-)

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by wim121 View Post

Just like liverpool, nobody would noticed if half human > half pig people were genetically engineered as they all look like they have snouts and squeal like pigs ....

oink. mmmmm....truffles
    oink

Leave a comment:

• wim121
    replied
    Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
    "No places in northern England, Scotland or Wales were in the top 50 locations."

That'll be because it's so grim up north.
    Indeed. Hate living in this craphole .... Northerners ...... pahhhhhh ...

Originally posted by lilelvis2000 View Post
    I'd be quite happy if B'Ham was bombed by anyone. Doesn't surprise that this piss hole wasn't mentioned.
    I dont think anyone would notice the difference if it were bombed .....

Just like liverpool, nobody would noticed if half human > half pig people were genetically engineered as they all look like they have snouts and squeal like pigs ....

Leave a comment:

Working...
X