• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Most desirable place to live in the Uk.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its Fleet+Hook, north east Hampshire. I currently work in Hook, and my suspicions about the area is that the Chav quota is very low. Otherwise its pretty boring London commuter belt.

Saying that it is in my top 5 list of areas to move to, along with Winchester and Chandlers Ford.

Comment

Originally posted by amoeba View Post
      Its Fleet+Hook, north east Hampshire. I currently work in Hook, and my suspicions about the area is that the Chav quota is very low. Otherwise its pretty boring London commuter belt.

Saying that it is in my top 5 list of areas to move to, along with Winchester and Chandlers Ford.
      My old boy lived in Yateley for years. Nice enough but fooking boring.
      Apparently that rates quite highly.
      “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
        sore loser

West country la la la west country la la la, I'll take countryside, coastline, peace and cider over anything the SE has to offer, anywhere east or north of Gloucestershire is undesirable in my book.
        Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by amoeba View Post

Over the years I've lived in Farnborough and worked in Fleet & Hook. I have a cousin who lives in Hook as well. Utterly fookin boring.
          Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
            Over the years I've lived in Farnborough and worked in Fleet & Hook. I have a cousin who lives in Hook as well. Utterly fookin boring.
            It's livened up since you left.
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
              It's livened up since you left.
              I don't break windows anymore. Not with stones...
              Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
                West country la la la west country la la la, I'll take countryside, coastline, peace and cider over anything the SE has to offer, anywhere east or north of Gloucestershire is undesirable in my book.
                Ahhhh cornwall, if money were no object and I had to choose a place in the UK i'd still be there .....

However the only downside with the west country is there isnt many services southwest of plymouth, lower wages/less jobs and emmits galore, knicking all the good homes .... sodding emmits with their buckets of sand .... pahhhhh

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
                  IIRC, aren't there a lot of army bases out that way?
                  "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
                    IIRC, aren't there a lot of army bases out that way?
                    Aldershot is nearby, the old RAE Farnborough is now civvie I think.
                    Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by wim121 View Post
                      Ahhhh cornwall, if money were no object and I had to choose a place in the UK i'd still be there .....

However the only downside with the west country is there isnt many services southwest of plymouth, lower wages/less jobs and emmits galore, knicking all the good homes .... sodding emmits with their buckets of sand .... pahhhhh
                      But what would Cornwall be like if the emmits didn't come?
                      How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Working...
                      X