• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Next sockie please..."

Collapse

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by Bunk View Post
    You need to be careful about showing too much knowledge of the forum too early. Waltzing in shouting about andyW's mum and chutney spoons shows that you've been around for a while. Pretend to be baffled by it all
    I know all about andyW's mum and chutney spoons. But I am still baffled by it all.

Leave a comment:

• Bacchus
    replied
    You turn up to the CUK drinks and bribe us with alcohol
    Well with a username like Bacchus, that should be do-able...

Leave a comment:

• Bunk
    replied
    Originally posted by Bacchus View Post
    But what if you are a genuine new user but have been lurking for a while, so know who is a pinko, who is a knob, who is a cretin, and who still wets the bed

And you don't like films about gladiators

And you don't know how to bleed a radiator

And you've NEVER licked the chutney spoon (...in public)

How do you prove that you're not a sock-puppet?
    You turn up to the CUK drinks and bribe us with alcohol

Leave a comment:

• Bacchus
    replied
    But what if

But what if you are a genuine new user but have been lurking for a while, so know who is a pinko, who is a knob, who is a cretin, and who still wets the bed

And you don't like films about gladiators

And you don't know how to bleed a radiator

And you've NEVER licked the chutney spoon (...in public)

How do you prove that you're not a sock-puppet?

Leave a comment:

• fullyautomatix
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    ...and make it funnier than that last pillock from France.

Sorry about the last one, I will try harder next time.

Leave a comment:

• Bunk
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Should I be more balanced? I dont think passive would do in general so looks like aggressive it is. Could someone give me some tips please?
    You need to be careful about showing too much knowledge of the forum too early. Waltzing in shouting about andyW's mum and chutney spoons shows that you've been around for a while. Pretend to be baffled by it all

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Well if he had asked for an unbalanced passive-aggressive drivel-poster I'm sure you would have leapt to post first
    Should I be more balanced? I dont think passive would do in general so looks like aggressive it is. Could someone give me some tips please?

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    You asked for the next sockie and SG replied first - how interesting.
    Also that last sockie used the word 'twunt'.

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Nah, Pooperscooper is bad enough going on about his new adopted homeland. We need someone from somewhere exotic.
    I thought Wandsworth was a billionaires playground to rival Monaco. I even saw a super yacht moored outside the Arndale centre last time I drove past.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied

Well if he had asked for an unbalanced passive-aggressive drivel-poster I'm sure you would have leapt to post first

Leave a comment:

• Bunk
    replied
    Originally posted by Zippy View Post
    Perhaps we could have a German next time?
    Nah, Pooperscooper is bad enough going on about his new adopted homeland. We need someone from somewhere exotic.

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    Perhaps we could have a German next time?

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    ...and make it funnier than that last pillock from France.

I suppose he is funnier than the French - but that is no compliment.

Leave a comment:

• Bunk
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Can't remember Wilmslow's password?
    Someone's got it, he was posting drivel this morning.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Can't remember Wilmslow's password?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X