• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "What to get the wife for Christmas?"

Collapse

• Arturo Bassick
    replied
    Originally posted by PorkPie View Post
    Thanks for all the suggestions (no where near a full house yet btw). Posh wellies are a no-no for me
    How many hits did we get?

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
    A new bag and belt.

That should sort the hoover out

I'll get my coat

Leave a comment:

• PorkPie
    replied
    Thanks for all the suggestions (no where near a full house yet btw). Posh wellies are a no-no for me

Leave a comment:

• al_cam
    replied
    Originally posted by Ruprect View Post
    <splutter> £145 for a f*^&ing welly?
    Not got a wife then? They're not cheap to run. £145 is cheap compared to these

And have you seen the price of handbags?

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    Dammit you buggers are all sooooo predictable. I've had my eye on a new kettle for ages but will I get one? No.
    I'll probably get some multi-tool or a kite or boots.

Leave a comment:

• Ruprect
    replied
    Originally posted by al_cam View Post
    Not sure if you are expecting a serious response, but posh welly boots seem to be the thing this year.
    Mrs C was oggling these not really welly boots as we know them, but waterproof.
    <splutter> £145 for a f*^&ing welly?

Leave a comment:

• Ruprect
    replied
    A cream pie?

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by norrahe View Post
    A new husband
    Some permie last year bought his wife a slow cooker.

I know for a fact she was slow to warm up.

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    A new husband

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Get the the latest gadget from Apple the iRon

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    Originally posted by PorkPie View Post
    As above. Suggestions from the lady folk round here would be appreciated, and I have a bingo sheet for the suggestions I'm expecting from the blokes.
    My old man does his shopping last minute, so it's usually 5 litres of Castrol GTX and a tin of travel sweets for me.

Money's in short supply this year so I'll be happy if I can earn enough in my evening work to get the kiddies something.

Leave a comment:

• al_cam
    replied
    Not sure if you are expecting a serious response, but posh welly boots seem to be the thing this year.
    Mrs C was oggling these not really welly boots as we know them, but waterproof.

Reminds me of a friend who a few years back bought a lair for his wife (as in a burial plot in a cemetery), the idea being that when they died, they would be together forever.
    She was none too pleased...

Al.

Leave a comment:

• RSoles
    replied
    She's never forgiven me for the year I bought her a torque-wrench.
    It was a good one too..

Leave a comment:

• bless 'em all
    replied
    Originally posted by ChrisPackit View Post
    A lovely new ironing board cover. Keep her entertained four hours ...
    Cheap sod!

It's Christmas, get her a new iron as well.

Leave a comment:

• ChrisPackit
    replied
    A lovely new ironing board cover. Keep her entertained four hours ...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X