• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Channel 4 now - inside the Bernard Matthews factory"

Collapse

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    We shall be eating barbecued kudu, wild boar, boerewors and possibly gazelle this christmas. Probably outside a pub or on a beach.

Leave a comment:

• Support Monkey
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Cooked Swan is a particular favourite of mine.

Basically head down to the local river at the dead of night. You need to wear black shoes, trousers, top and a hood so they cannot see you sneak up.

Then in to the undergrowth where you sneak closer. Now. You must be careful for other predators such as foxes and the Polish(who can be quite nasty).

Once you've managed to get closer you need to use a Swan mallet. This normally consists of a large sledgehammer or f**k off big piece of wood with some lead on the end(you can find these designs in some old Victorian manuals). A quick swift downward motion 1/2/3 times should do it near the head. Now, be careful. If you cannot do it quickly there is a good chance that the Swan may alert one of its friends like Dave the Twitcher down the road or the RSPCA. Both are harmless but can kick up a commotion.

Then in a Tesco's for life bag and it's straight home and into the microwave.

Delicious.
    thats very funny but unfortunately somthing thats happening all to often around my neck of the woods just lately with carcasses turning up all over the place, and also net fishing were they are clearing the rivers of fish and as you rightly point out its our european cousins who are responsible, for swans, i think as they are royaly protected we should bring back executions, a few heads on spikes along the riverbank might make them think twice

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied

Basically head down to the local river at the dead of night. You need to wear black shoes, trousers, top and a hood so they cannot see you sneak up.

Then in to the undergrowth where you sneak closer. Now. You must be careful for other predators such as foxes and the Polish(who can be quite nasty).

Once you've managed to get closer you need to use a Swan mallet. This normally consists of a large sledgehammer or f**k off big piece of wood with some lead on the end(you can find these designs in some old Victorian manuals). A quick swift downward motion 1/2/3 times should do it near the head. Now, be careful. If you cannot do it quickly there is a good chance that the Swan may alert one of its friends like Dave the Twitcher down the road or the RSPCA. Both are harmless but can kick up a commotion.

Delicious.
    Sneak up? Who the **** do you think you're kidding?

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
    I really don't know what people see in Turkey at any time of the year, more of a tradition than a quality eating experience.

I'll be having goose again this year, locally reared. No contest.
    Goose at Christmas is as much a gimmick as turkey. Get one another time when they're not so stupidly expensive.
    We're going for a couple of decent chickens from a local farm, that's the plan so far anyway!

Leave a comment:

• TestMangler
    replied

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied

Delicious.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Try duck instead, nice n crispy.

Leave a comment:

• Ruprect
    replied
    Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
    I really don't know what people see in Turkey at any time of the year, more of a tradition than a quality eating experience.

Yeah we went with goose last year. V tasty - would go again if I was cooking.

Leave a comment:

• RSoles
    replied
    Originally posted by Zippy View Post
    Poor little sods. It's no life is it?
    I know. 17 years....
    Last edited by RSoles; 12 December 2011, 21:27. Reason: Peroni

Leave a comment:

• Cliphead
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    Poor little sods. It's no life is it?

Leave a comment:

• Ruprect
    started a topic Channel 4 now - inside the Bernard Matthews factory

Channel 4 now - inside the Bernard Matthews factory

3000000 turkeys pass through the factory for christmas.

The "king boner" (their words not mine - chief butcher) can bone a turkey in 35 seconds - he's well practised as he's worked there 17 years

Working...
X