• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Why Chico is Good for us, and why he ruins it for all"

Collapse

Guest replied
    Re: Orthodox Church in Russia

The Russian Orthodox church is pretty crazy. A monk helped my wife resolve her passport issues in Russia :rolleyes

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Sunnysan said "Though shalt research before thee quote".
    Don't worry about it, sunnysan. It doesn't stop Chico.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

oh sh1t.

Lenin said “Peace, land and bread”.

Karl Marx said "Religion is the opium of the masses".

Sunnysan said "Though shalt research before thee quote".

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

"Religion is the bread of the masses".
    He might have, but I think you mean Karl Marx and "Religion is the opiate of the masses".

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Sunnysan, Karl Marx said "religion is the opium of the masses".

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

we heard the testimony of a Orthodox monk from Russia who speaking through an interpretor (sic) stated how the Alpha Course has revitalised the church there
    How do you know that's what he said? He might have said completely the opposite and he thought he was on a speaking tour to object to Alpha courses.

It's all a matter of faith you see.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Didnt Lenin say "Religion is the bread of the masses". Maybe he had a point.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

They are using Alpha to reach millions of people and they are filling the spritual hunger of the young. It was a sight to behold.
    Preying on the weak and feckless more like!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Orthodox Church in Russia

Talking about the Orthodox Church, on Sunday at Church we heard the testimony of a Orthodox monk from Russia who speaking through an interpretor stated how the Alpha Course has revitalised the church there. All the monks in his monastery had a zeal and energy brought on by the Holy Spirit. They are using Alpha to reach millions of people and they are filling the spritual hunger of the young. It was a sight to behold.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Re: good explanantion darmstadt

Russia's problems are not the result of religion or a lack of it. In fact, the Orthodox church has seen an explosion in popularity since 1991 (although also an increase in paganism and satanism).

As for the Soviet Union, the cause of its demise are many.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    good explanantion darmstadt

and of course that explains why christ said 'my god, why have you forsaken me?'. being so deep in sin, he could no longer see god but made the assumption that god could no longer see him. yes, definitely a very important decision but it can also be a very difficult one.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    As Martin Luther said, no human on earth has ever been more despicable in the eyes of the Father than his Son while hanging on the tree of crucifixion. He was total sin!
    The Good News is that it did not end there. God proved his love for his Son and the world by resurrecting Jesus on the third day. The Romans tried to perpetrate the greatest cover up ever but they were working against the power of God and as such they failed spectacularly. His tomb is empty, Jesus is risen and the world that so callously rejected God now has a bridge back to him. 2000 years later we all have an opportunity to get to know this love and reject the lies, the disappointment and the hopelessness of a godless life. Pick up a Bible and read it, pray to God and ask him to reveal himself to you, do an Alpha Course , go to your local church do something - this is the most important decision in your life.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Jesus died for all - yes including you DodgyAgent.
    I've seen that written on walls here in Jerusalem...

DodgyAgent, supplier of top notch lion fodder to the descerning Roman Gentry.

Dodgy, I knew you were old, but...

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I am passionate about Jesus, forgiveness, love, tolerance, patience, kindness, gentleness?
    Jesus - yes, the rest - sorry, no - you don't come over that way

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Jesus died for all - yes including you DodgyAgent.
    I bet he didn't. I'll bet he specifically excluded dodgy agent from redemption. And Cilla Black too.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X