• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Linux is a European threat to American computers..."

Collapse

• The Master
    replied
    Originally posted by DaveB
    There are two reliable methods for modelling the internet.

1. Average User Intelligence is inversely propotional to Total Number of Users.

2. Normal Person + Anonymity + Audience = F**kwad.
    I think Sturgeon's Law is a remarkable piece of prescience, formulated as it was before the web came along:

99% of everything is crap

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Originally posted by Not So Wise
    Well i had a concept of irony but after so many years online and seeing so much stupid, idiotic and plain "what reality do you live on" crazy crap written seriously, i seem to have lost it

There are two reliable methods for modelling the internet.

1. Average User Intelligence is inversely propotional to Total Number of Users.

2. Normal Person + Anonymity + Audience = F**kwad.

The second model can be described graphically as below :

Leave a comment:

• Not So Wise
    replied
    They have no concept of irony.
    Well i had a concept of irony but after so many years online and seeing so much stupid, idiotic and plain "what reality do you live on" crazy crap written seriously, i seem to have lost it

Leave a comment:

• Hart-floot
    replied
    Originally posted by MrsGoof
    IDrop nukes on Ikea, the capital of Europe, and put an end to this communist mayhem!
    Always thought the "service culture" in IKEA stores was reminiscent of the old Soviet days. No i now why

Leave a comment:

• Gold Dalek
    replied
    One for Chico mentioned on the site!!

http://www.landoverbaptist.org/

Leave a comment:

• bored
    replied
    I like it when in the middle of comments someone digs out that the blog itself is hosted on Linux, but people still won't get it and try to argue

Leave a comment:

• Fleetwood
    replied
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DimPrawn
    The best bit is thick septics arguing with the guy.
    That's got to be the typo of the day
    septic tank - yank

Leave a comment:

• MrsGoof
    replied
    I liked this post
    All Europeans are naked commie bastards! All hail to the US - the French and British colony from Hell! Land of the free and the outcasts from Europe. Protectors of slavery and racism.

Drop nukes on Ikea, the capital of Europe, and put an end to this communist mayhem!

Leave a comment:

• Jakes Daddy
    replied
    And guess what software Osama Bin Laden uses on his laptop?

If you guessed it was Linux you would be 100% right. Osama uses Linux because he knows designed to counterfit DVDs, curcumventing the Digital Millenium Copyright Act, and defraud companies like Disney.
    Well, what do you know ! And there was me thinking that Bin Laden was a bad guy plotting against the West, but all along he's the same as us ! All he wants to do it sit and watch Mickey Mouse

Leave a comment:

• Statistician
    replied
    Originally posted by TheMonkey
    Amusing read... Those crazy yanks are getting worse.

http://shelleytherepublican.com/2006...computers.html
    This could be the plot of some cheap Hollywood flick.

Leave a comment:

• TheMonkey
    replied
    Originally posted by Spacecadet
    What gets me is how few people who read it can spot that the site is satire and not real... most of them yanks too
    That's usual. Real satire and sarcasm, i.e post-Benny Hill hasn't made it to America yet. They still insist in packing several-hundred awkwardly joined jokes into crap export material (read Friends, Frasier and Will and Grace etc).

Their basic intent is to make your face hurt, not amuse you.

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    What gets me is how few people who read it can spot that the site is satire and not real... most of them yanks too

Leave a comment:

• TheMonkey
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn
    That's got to be the typo of the day

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied

They have no concept of irony.

I do like this bit

Yes, Linux is a primative European clone; It is much less capable than Windows. In fact it omits features that were standard in Windows back in 1998; For example Linux has no built-in anti-virus or anti-spyware software.

You cannot even buy popular utilities like Norton Security to compensate for this fact. There are no tools for common tasks like defragging a hard disk. God knows what you would use to send a fax or make a website. You cannot even get Front Page for Linux.

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    hahahahahahaha

hahahahahahahahahahahhaahaha

I really can't stop laughing

even http://www.whitehouse.org/ couldn't make that pile of sh*te up

edit: it is made up... d'oh
    Last edited by Spacecadet; 3 May 2006, 20:05.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X