• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Cars............

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Cars............"

Collapse

• PAH
    replied
    Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
    zillions of BMW choices - 330 and 530 are hard to argue against even for a BM hater like me.
    I briefly had an E39 5 series as a commuter car and only got rid as it was underpowered (it was only a 520i ). Was a bargain at the time so couldn't resist and wanted to experience what all the praise was about.

Turned out to be the best built car I've owned so far, and that was over 10 years ago.

If they hadn't made the newer models so fugly I may have stayed with BMW.

Decided to go with bangernomics instead so I could ditch the car at the pub or in town and not worry about it getting vandalised or stolen. Also makes me more easily accepted with the permies and less pestered by vacuous gold diggers as they think I'm skint.

So don't write off 'bangers' costing only a few grand. The lack of stress they bring (providing it's mechanically sound and you have AA/RAC cover) is worth a lot more than the buy in price.

e.g. I now don't give a tulip if some twat dents the door at the supermarket.

You can still have a fancy toy in the garage if you desire.
    Last edited by PAH; 10 December 2011, 12:53.

Leave a comment:

• Peoplesoft bloke
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post

At least youcan then say you DON'T drive a BMW and it ISN'T a 3 series. Even when it is.

and really your sig.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Alpina D3

Sytner Nottingham : ALPINA DIESEL SALOON D3 2.0 Bi Turbo 4dr

At least youcan then say you DON'T drive a BMW and it ISN'T a 3 series. Even when it is.

BMW ALPINA - D3 BITURBO

Leave a comment:

• ChimpMaster
    replied
    Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
    Since you haven't set a price, the world is your lobster. Loads of Jags, RR Sport, VW Phaeton, loads of Audis, zillions of BMW choices - 330 and 530 are hard to argue against even for a BM hater like me.
    One of the newer Merc bluefficiency models? Great on fuel economy and good performance too.

Leave a comment:

• Peoplesoft bloke
    replied
    Since you haven't set a price, the world is your lobster. Loads of Jags, RR Sport, VW Phaeton, loads of Audis, zillions of BMW choices - 330 and 530 are hard to argue against even for a BM hater like me.

Leave a comment:

• beaker
    replied
    If you must have a diesel, I would go for a 335d

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    I once had a girlfriend like that. Looking back it was painfull, but I still would. Same would probably apply to owning that car....
    That specific car looks a little tired, not too keen on the colour combination.

Nice car though.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    Very nice but unreliable.
    I once had a girlfriend like that. Looking back it was painfull, but I still would. Same would probably apply to owning that car....

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
    You chaps need to get a little imagination. How about this:

2006 MASERATI QUATTROPORTE
    Very nice but unreliable.

Leave a comment:

• The_Equalizer
    replied
    You chaps need to get a little imagination. How about this:

2006 MASERATI QUATTROPORTE

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    2nd hand it's a £70K plus car.

Only sasguru and his fantasy wealth can afford that.

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Originally posted by IR35 Avoider View Post
    Porsche Panamera (in a decent colour) is one of the most beautiful cars on the road.

4 seats.
    Think it might be available as a diesel.
    It is and a hybrid is also coming out

not sure about it's looks though

Leave a comment:

• IR35 Avoider
    replied
    Porsche Panamera (in a decent colour) is one of the most beautiful cars on the road.

4 seats.
    Think it might be available as a diesel.

Probably too expensive though.

Jaguar XF or Mercedes CLS then. (CLS better looking, but a bit big.)

Leave a comment:

• PAH
    replied
    Also the Bentley Continental for about the same money (or less).

Or a debadged Chrysler 300C and spend the rest on black window film and hookers.

Leave a comment:

• ASB
    replied
    Point me to the Aston Diesel department please...

Lots here.

Flickr: The DAVID BROWN TRACTORS Pool

Leave a comment:

Working...
X