• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Amazon's Recommended for you"

Collapse

• PAH
    replied
    Originally posted by nomadd View Post
    Recommends me books on Clinical Depression. Seriously.

My question is: How do they know I'm a contractor?

They don't. But they do know what your other half has been buying you for Christmas.

They call it predictive advertising. You might not think you need the books now, but you will soon enough. I've got mine on pre-order.

Leave a comment:

• nomadd
    replied
    Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
    Just done a load of xmas shopping online and now it thinks I would also like

For Music;
    Olly Murs
    Bruno Mars

For Film;
    Bridesmaids DVD
    Cliff Richard - The Soulicious Tour Special Edition with Pocket Diary and Bonus Content [DVD]

They know to bin any data they collect in December, right?
    Recommends me books on Clinical Depression. Seriously.

My question is: How do they know I'm a contractor?

Leave a comment:

• PAH
    replied

The pop-up edition of that book is great at parties for a game of guess which guest will get a fist in the face when they open it.

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    I went a bit berserk a couple of weeks ago adding DVDs to my cart, before shifting some to my wish list and leaving only about a dozen in the cart.

Then, upon checking out and reviewing my list, I found that two or three DVDs had been shifted back from my wish list to the cart for the current purchase!

Although possibly some weird issue relating to HTTP POSTs, this seems more likely to be a deliberate stunt to pop a couple of small wish-list extras in with a purchase of lots of equally small items in the hope the customer won't notice.
    Is it just me, or are the "I accidentally purchased a Cliff DVD" excuses getting more elaborate?

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    I went a bit berserk a couple of weeks ago adding DVDs to my cart, before shifting some to my wish list and leaving only about a dozen in the cart.

Then, upon checking out and reviewing my list, I found that two or three DVDs had been shifted back from my wish list to the cart for the current purchase!

Although possibly some weird issue relating to HTTP POSTs, this seems more likely to be a deliberate stunt to pop a couple of small wish-list extras in with a purchase of lots of equally small items in the hope the customer won't notice.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    Me too.

I suspect it's a sign of old age.
    As is manginal dryness.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    I'd be more ashamed of Cliff Richard than that.
    The Amazon recommendation about Cliff Richard's vagina is possibly NSFW.

Leave a comment:

• beaker
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    I keep getting Google Ads on YouTube for "meet and date Chinese ladies".

Must be based on your browsing history...

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    I wish they'd stop recommending: A Hand in the Bush: the Fine Art of Vaginal Fisting: Amazon.co.uk: Deborah Addington: Books

I'm more of a historical non-fiction man.
    I'd be more ashamed of Cliff Richard than that.

Leave a comment:

• Notascooby
    replied
    I get google ads in gmail promoting spam receipes - I thought it was somekind of joke at first.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    I keep getting Google Ads on YouTube for "meet and date Chinese ladies".

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    I wish they'd stop recommending: A Hand in the Bush: the Fine Art of Vaginal Fisting: Amazon.co.uk: Deborah Addington: Books

It really is lucky I have my own office

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    I wish they'd stop recommending: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Hand-Bush-Fi.../dp/1890159026

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    started a topic Amazon's Recommended for you

Amazon's Recommended for you

Just done a load of xmas shopping online and now it thinks I would also like

For Music;
    Olly Murs
    Bruno Mars

For Film;
    Bridesmaids DVD
    Cliff Richard - The Soulicious Tour Special Edition with Pocket Diary and Bonus Content [DVD]

They know to bin any data they collect in December, right?

Working...
X