• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Photo required when applying for a contract"

Collapse

• Scrag Meister
    replied
    Old X
    Grey X
    Fat X

3 Xs and you lose.

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    I don't have a passport. Confuses the hell out of some agencies
    I've said that for fun a couple of times.

Leave a comment:

• Support Monkey
    replied
    Originally posted by Troll View Post
    If you are going to use Americanisms at least learn to spell them correctly

or did you learn your English phonetically from MTV?
    speelings is not me strong poynt

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by Zippy View Post
    No, luckily.
    Although it's on your passport, which you are often asked to supply after you have been offered a contract.
    I don't have a passport. Confuses the hell out of some agencies

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    Originally posted by Support Monkey View Post
    Tis true, the fella opposite said to me the other day "who wants to be sitting opposite some but ugly troll all day",

OH!!!
    If you are going to use Americanisms at least learn to spell them correctly

or did you learn your English phonetically from MTV?

Leave a comment:

• Support Monkey
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    No I think thats one of the areas where its still ok to discriminate people, #NoFattiesOrUglies
    Tis true, the fella opposite said to me the other day "who wants to be sitting opposite some butt ugly troll all day",

OH!!!
    Last edited by Support Monkey; 7 December 2011, 10:36.

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    Look on it this way

When you go for a face to face interview the criteria will (should) be
    1. Can you do the job?
    2. Will you fit into the team?

The CV should take care of 1

Would you want to waste time attending an interview if there was some hidden criteria for 2?

Yes I know its wrong
    Yes I know its discriminatory
    Yes I know it's illegal

But would you want to waste your time (assuming you don't match the criteria) if the client wants to filter on Age/Colour/Dress Sense/Attractiveness/etc ???

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by Troll View Post
    Helps to sort the wheat from the chaff
    (I actually think it may be illegal to do so now)
    No I think thats one of the areas where its still ok to discriminate people, #NoFattiesOrUglies

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    I have never been asked, but like others have said copies of passport etc after an offer or during an interview are not uncommon. If asked I would just say something along the lines of, I can provide one at the interview etc or something along those lines.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Pretty standard in Germany, particularly for permie interviews. Have been asked a couple of times for contracts and just tell them that I don't have a camera or scanner.

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    Originally posted by doodab View Post
    Is this normal? It's the first time I've had it.
    Helps to sort the wheat from the chaff
    (I actually think it may be illegal to do so now)

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    Originally posted by CheeseSlice View Post
    A couple of times I've had mine photocopied as I've walked into the interview.
    Last time it happened, the guy took a colour photocopy
    That's OK. If they don't like your face when you get there there's not much you can do about it, but at least they can't judge you(age or looks) before the interview.

Leave a comment:

• CheeseSlice
    replied
    Originally posted by Zippy View Post
    Although it's on your passport, which you are often asked to supply after you have been offered a contract.
    A couple of times I've had mine photocopied as I've walked into the interview.
    Last time it happened, the guy took a colour photocopy

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    No, luckily.

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    started a topic Photo required when applying for a contract

Photo required when applying for a contract

Is this normal? It's the first time I've had it.

Working...
X