• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Nope...

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Nope..."

Collapse

• russell
    replied
    Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post

...I still don't get it.

I must be a philistine.
    "Where is the on switch for this Large TV".

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post

...I still don't get it.

I must be a philistine.
    He looks like he is waiting for a big mac and a quarter pounder.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by wobbegong View Post
    What a pile of crap.

So much 'modern art' is just 'the emperor's new clothes'; everyone can see it's trash but they're too scared to say so for fear of being branded 'tasteless'.

I hate it.
    It's rubbish.
    I wouldn't pi$$ on it if was on fire.

(rant over)
    That's the trouble with art; a lot of crap gets made and then just occasionally something brilliant turns up. Sometimes the brilliant stuff is immediately recognised, sometimes it takes 50 or 100 years before people realise it's brilliant.

Leave a comment:

• wobbegong
    replied
    Originally posted by Arturo Bassick View Post
    Shouldn't say that too loud if I were you, there might come a tap tap tapping at your door!!

from a while ago BBC NEWS | UK | Fire 'destroys' Saatchi classics
    <Ahem> I wouldn't know anything about that, Squire.

Move on now . . . nothing to see here.

Leave a comment:

• Arturo Bassick
    replied
    Originally posted by wobbegong View Post
    What a pile of crap.

So much 'modern art' is just 'the emperor's new clothes'; everyone can see it's trash but they're too scared to say so for fear of being branded 'tasteless'.

I hate it.
    It's rubbish.

(rant over)
    Shouldn't say that too loud if I were you, there might come a tap tap tapping at your door!!

from a while ago BBC NEWS | UK | Fire 'destroys' Saatchi classics

Leave a comment:

• MrRobin
    replied
    Atleast it's something that's been sculpted...

Better than some Tracy Emin bollox where she's shat in her bed and messed up the pillows and calls it 'Heavy night out' or something.

Leave a comment:

• wobbegong
    replied
    What a pile of crap.

I hate it.
    It's rubbish.

(rant over)

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    'It seemed like a good idea at the time'

-A.Knobend

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    I quite like the shape, are you supposed to put a big-ass widescreen in it?

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    It is what you get when a fly-tipper spends too much time in the company of an unemployed welder.
    A pile of old junk being swooned over by pretentious hippies that have smoked too much skunk.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
    I quite like it. There's something elemental about it. A bit like a 3D Mondrian.
    Pseud's Corner POTD

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    I quite like it. There's something elemental about it. A bit like a 3D Mondrian.

Leave a comment:

• milanbenes
    replied
    Ginge,

me too, must be because we're from the west cuntry

Milan.

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    started a topic Nope...

Nope...

...I still don't get it.

I must be a philistine.