• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "@ss warmer aka I need a new chair"

Collapse

• Scrag Meister
    replied
    I have a pair of these in my home office.

Ebay 2 for £400, Herman Miller Mirra.

Last edited by Scrag Meister; 30 November 2011, 13:15. Reason: Smaller image

Leave a comment:

• Lockhouse
    replied
    Originally posted by doodab View Post
    I have one of these. Also available with polished aluminium bits at additional cost.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...n_chair_JN.jpg

Aeron chair - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Me too. Got mine new off of eBay for £350.

Leave a comment:

• chef
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    Why do you need the German equivalent when there are in fact plenty of Staples stores here?
    That shows how much I know about German shops, I'll go find one then

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by chef View Post

Are there any market leaders (other than LazyBoy) in the world of home office chairs? or should I just walk into the German equivalent of Staples, sit on a few chairs and pick the comfiest?
    Why do you need the German equivalent when there are in fact plenty of Staples stores here?

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Originally posted by chef View Post
    I play squash and cycle most places so the exercise isn't the problem, it's definitely the wooden chair that is the issue IMO.
    Perhaps you need a walking desk.

Your Office Chair Is Killing You - BusinessWeek

Leave a comment:

• MrRobin
    replied
    Originally posted by doodab View Post
    I have one of these. Also available with polished aluminium bits at additional cost.

ClientCo has these. They're very comfortable.

Leave a comment:

• chef
    replied
    I play squash and cycle most places so the exercise isn't the problem, it's definitely the wooden chair that is the issue IMO.

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    I think any adjustable chair would do; main thing is your back needs to be supported, ie those chairs where the back of the chair moves with your position. Probably though more important is exercise, that's usually the biggest cause. I find if I'm doing regular exercise, out on my bike once or twice a week and swimming etc my back is a lot better.
    Last edited by BlasterBates; 30 November 2011, 09:41.

Leave a comment:

• chef
    started a topic @ss warmer aka I need a new chair

@ss warmer aka I need a new chair

Old age is kicking in, the back is finally listening to all those 'elf n safety bods regarding seating position and my current wooden chair () is no longer good enough to prevent a sore back after hours of "work" even if it is a nice chair to look at

So, what do those on here have as their main home office chair?

Are there any market leaders (other than LazyBoy) in the world of home office chairs? or should I just walk into the German equivalent of Staples, sit on a few chairs and pick the comfiest?

I prefer to invest and get good quality rather than something that "will do".

Working...
X