• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "CUK Annual Sports Personality of the Year Sweepstake"

Collapse

• pacharan
    replied
    Thought Tory McGuiness Cough should have WUN it

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    Originally posted by russell View Post
    I'm also ignorant about skateboarding competitions.

Green jersey, so he didn't even win?

Erm, green jersey, yes he did.

Leave a comment:

• russell
    replied
    Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
    Green jersey. At a guess you wouldn't know anything about the world road racing championship either.

Your ignorance puts your contribution in it's place.
    I'm also ignorant about skateboarding competitions.

Green jersey, so he didn't even win?

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    Yeah, did he win the yellow jersey?

I find cycling as about exciting as reading the phone book.
    Green jersey. At a guess you wouldn't know anything about the world road racing championship either.

Your ignorance puts your contribution in it's place.

Leave a comment:

• russell
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    You never heard of the Tour de France?
    Yeah, did he win the yellow jersey?

I find cycling as about exciting as reading the phone book.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Who the fxxk is Mark Cavendish, never heard of him, surely it should be someone in a mainstream sport like golf, football, tennis or snooker. Glad I missed it this year.
    You never heard of the Tour de France?

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Darts, pool also require that but they are not considered sports - more of a show really.

Now being an agent does not require much athletic prowess but sure as hell requires a lot of dexterity
    Originally posted by Alf W View Post
    Golf? Athletic prowess? You are having a laugh.

Happy Christmas Tory Boy. Hostilities suspended for the festive season.
    Pool & darts don't require physical fitness in the same way, but gold certainly does. You are using your entire stength, across dozens of different muscle groups, to impart both the most powerful and incredibly accurate shot. It's not endurance fitness but then neither is shot-put... but both require physical strength.

Suggesting sports like cycling are purely about fitness is ludicrous.

Leave a comment:

• russell
    replied
    Who the fxxk is Mark Cavendish, never heard of him, surely it should be someone in a mainstream sport like golf, football, tennis or snooker. Glad I missed it this year.

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    It's unusual to have no footy or rugger players in the top ten, but I suppose none of them deserve to be.

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    Should have been JT

Leave a comment:

• Alf W
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    so cycling involves no skill whatsoever? Golf requires no fitness at all? You are truly an idiot. Do you really think that swinging a golf club requires no dexterity or athletic prowess?
    Golf? Athletic prowess? You are having a laugh.

Happy Christmas Tory Boy. Hostilities suspended for the festive season.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Do you really think that swinging a golf club requires no dexterity or athletic prowess?
    Darts, pool also require that but they are not considered sports - more of a show really.

Now being an agent does not require much athletic prowess but sure as hell requires a lot of dexterity

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Yup!

I'm not saying that people who achieve the highest levels don't deserve respect but if it doesn't involve skill and fitness then it isn't a sport.
    so cycling involves no skill whatsoever? Golf requires no fitness at all? You are truly an idiot. Do you really think that swinging a golf club requires no dexterity or athletic prowess?

Leave a comment:

• Alf W
    replied
    Yup!

I'm not saying that people who achieve the highest levels don't deserve respect but if it doesn't involve skill and fitness then it isn't a sport.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Every time you make post you reveal a new dimension to your ignorance.
    WHS - makes me dirty to say that
    Golf is a 'game' not a 'sport'.

Athletics and cycling are just 'fitness' not 'sport'

That leaves a field of four.
    Are you saying the London Marathon and Tour de France aren't sporting events?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X