• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "for the .netters amongst us"

Collapse

• ThomasSoerensen
    replied
    oss reference - nice - should keep the plebs out of my way for a while - so I can finally get time to do my stuff.

Leave a comment:

• pacharan
    replied
    <--- Dotnetter here

Now will you kindly tell me wtf this thread is about?

(And then perhaps I'll tell you how you can get multiple crackshots on Club Psycho Cash Beast)

Leave a comment:

• PAH
    replied
    I though that sound was tinnitus. I always get it while on a good rant.

Leave a comment:

• milanbenes
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Can you hear a whooshing sound?

quite

they totally missed your reference to the mother land

Milan.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by PAH View Post
    Ah yes, walking on the bleeding edge. I've seen .Netters try to become contortionists to keep up with all the latest nonsense M$ try to force on them.

Have fun trying to get a solution Live using a mish-mash of C# or F# or J# or VB.Net, MVC or ASP.Net (with jQuery or HTML5) or Winforms or WPF or Silverlight, Entity Framework or Data Services or ADO.Net or LINQ or stored procedures, and those are just the stuff available through Visual Studio. There's a myriad of 3rd party stuff to layer amongst all that.

They say you can't teach an old dog new tricks. This old dog sticks to C# or VB.Net (depending on the client's preference), ASP.Net, ADO.Net and stored procs. Fortunately that set is easier to maintain, faster to execute, easier to debug, easier to deploy, more secure, uses less resources, and doesn't require relearning every two years.
    Can you hear a whooshing sound?

Leave a comment:

• PAH
    replied
    Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
    it's a .netters job to keep their eyes and ears open for which way the wind is blowing and be ready and prepared to tak and jive to follow the wave of what's in demand
    Ah yes, walking on the bleeding edge. I've seen .Netters try to become contortionists to keep up with all the latest nonsense M$ try to force on them.

Have fun trying to get a solution Live using a mish-mash of C# or F# or J# or VB.Net, MVC or ASP.Net (with jQuery or HTML5) or Winforms or WPF or Silverlight, Entity Framework or Data Services or ADO.Net or LINQ or stored procedures, and those are just the stuff available through Visual Studio. There's a myriad of 3rd party stuff to layer amongst all that.

They say you can't teach an old dog new tricks. This old dog sticks to C# or VB.Net (depending on the client's preference), ASP.Net, ADO.Net and stored procs. Fortunately that set is easier to maintain, faster to execute, easier to debug, easier to deploy, more secure, uses less resources, and doesn't require relearning every two years.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    I am fully certifiable

Milan.
    FTFY

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    I tried using Majestic, but got nowhere. I can't understand it.

Leave a comment:

• milanbenes
    replied
    Originally posted by PAH View Post
    If the stuff you develop in .Net is as user friendly as that then no wonder there's lots of opportunities for good contractors, who know how to deliver what the client wants and not what the .Netter wants to develop.

You may be on a .net gravy train but some trains get bogged down with the wrong sludge on the line.

pah thank you for the reminder

it's a .netters job to keep their eyes and ears open for which way the wind is blowing and be ready and prepared to tak and jive to follow the wave of what's in demand

Milan.

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    It's like a wind tunnel in here.

Leave a comment:

• PAH
    replied
    Originally posted by russell View Post
    I googled it and the first 2 links where CUK
    Mine too. Just as some have known for a while, Google gives you what it thinks you want to see, not an impartial list of results.

Therefore it's pretty useless when wanting to search THE WHOLE OF THE INTERNET. Google is run by a bunch of s.

Leave a comment:

• PAH
    replied
    you won't find this stuff on google
    If the stuff you develop in .Net is as user friendly as that then no wonder there's lots of opportunities for good contractors, who know how to deliver what the client wants and not what the .Netter wants to develop.

You may be on a .net gravy train but some trains get bogged down with the wrong sludge on the line.

Leave a comment:

• milanbenes
    replied
    you won't find this stuff on google

it's all kept out of harms way behind nice firewalls and barriers to entry

as I said, nothing to see here

this is for bona fide .netters only

Milan.

Leave a comment:

• russell
    replied
    Russ,

please, do try to keep up at the back,

oss 1629598

is gonna create us a shed load of work for the first half of next year

nice

Milan.
    I googled it and the first 2 links where CUK

Leave a comment:

• milanbenes
    replied
    Originally posted by russell View Post
    So where does oss 1629598 fit in. Sound like he is a sockie making it all up, but that would never be allowed on CUK.

Russ,

please, do try to keep up at the back,

oss 1629598

is gonna create us a shed load of work for the first half of next year

nice

Milan.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X