• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Can someone post some good news please"

Collapse

• PAH
    replied
    Originally posted by PorkPie View Post
    House prices are increasing - with 1M extra people entering the country every 4 years, supply and demand dictates it
    ... and where before you could get one lodger in your spare room you can now get 5 Polish in for five times the rate, and another 10 in your garden shed.

Leave a comment:

• PorkPie
    replied
    House prices are increasing - with 1M extra people entering the country every 4 years, supply and demand dictates it!

Migration data highlight policy challenge - FT.com

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Aw, diddums.
    Arsebiscuits.

Leave a comment:

• MrRobin
    replied
    This should bring a smile to your face... Do they even have subs at the Guardian?

Linky to blog

Linky to Grauniad correction statement

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by doodab View Post
    Wirse than your spelling?

Interesting that you pop up the moment someone mentions micro choppers. Are you a little prick?
    Aw, diddums.

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    He's insecure enough already, don't make it wirse.
    Wirse than your spelling?

Interesting that you pop up the moment someone mentions micro choppers. Are you a little prick?

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
    Have you got a micro chopper or a big one you can take out in the wind?
    A tiny little one.

I might add one of these to my collection soon.

BLH3500UK2 E-Flite Blade MCP X RTF Mode 2

Leave a comment:

• Scrag Meister
    replied
    I've been offered 90% of something rather than 100% of nothing.

"Always look on the bright side of life"

Not totally unboomed.

Leave a comment:

• AlfredJPruffock
    replied
    Theres is no such thing as a Free Lunch - Margaret Thatcher

The Universe is the Ultimate Free lunch - AJ Pruffock

Using its infrared vision to peer nine billion years back in time, the NASA/ESA Hubble Space Telescope has uncovered an extraordinary population of tiny, young galaxies that are brimming with star formation.

An extraordinary population of young dwarf galaxies, brimming with star formation, has been uncovered with Hubble.

The galaxies are churning out stars at such a rate that the number of stars in them would double in just ten million years.

For comparison, the Milky Way has taken a thousand times longer to double its stellar population.

These newly discovered dwarf galaxies are around a hundred times smaller than the Milky Way.

Their star formation rates are extremely high, even for the young Universe, when most galaxies were forming stars at higher rates than they are today.

They have turned up in the Hubble images because the radiation from young, hot stars has caused the oxygen in the gas surrounding them to light up like a fluorescent sign.
    Last edited by AlfredJPruffock; 24 November 2011, 13:30.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
    Have you got a micro chopper ?
    He's insecure enough already, don't make it wirse.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    Stability in the IT jobs market | News | Recruiter

Here you go, should cheer everyone up.
    but why hasn't that site got a forum we can raid?

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Stability in the IT jobs market | News | Recruiter

Here you go, should cheer everyone up.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    My consultancy partners sold a license for some software I wrote to my son's university. The royalty payment neatly covering his fees, and a Masters if he goes for that.

Leave a comment:

• chef
    replied
    oh yeah, and thanks to the lovely people at amazon I have now completed all my xmas shopping and it will be delivered tomorrow while gf chef is out (obviously including a few things as small xmas presents for myself )

Leave a comment:

• alreadypacked
    replied
    The count-down begins.

Two more week to go

Then 3 months holiday

Leave a comment:

Working...
X